Importing Credit Card Transactions with GST

Amy - Compass West
Amy - Compass West Member Posts: 5
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new to using Reckon - as in crash course, I've been using it for about 2 weeks!  I'm trying to work out how to import credit card transactions for a client (as they have about a million each month), by exporting the details from Shoeboxed - a storage and categorising cloud program we use - and then manipulating the data for them to be able to import in bulk.  

So far, by using other help queries I have managed to work out how to create my .IIF and import it to the file, but I'm not able to get it to recognise the GST :(  This is what my transaction looks like so far:

Thanks heaps!
Amy

Comments

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Remove the tax amount & code from the first line
  • Amy - Compass West
    edited February 2017
    I tried that to start with and it made no difference, still came in with no tax
  • Amy - Compass West
    edited February 2017
    Unfortunately Shoeboxed isn't integrated with Reckon Accounts Hosted, only QBO :(  I have emailed asking when they plan on integrating but for the time being I have to work out the easiest way for my clients to get their info in without complete manual entry
  • Amy - Compass West
    edited February 2017
    I can export .csv files, however this is how they come out:
    (this is a dummy file, the correct file has the chart of accounts against categories)
    If you can tell me how to get this straight into Reckon, I would love you forever!  But everything I have read so far is telling me that it isn't possible and that I am going to have to reformat the file first.
  • Jacqui Allen
    edited February 2017
    Pull up an existing transaction in RA, click cyrl+y this shows you the detailed journal for that trans modify and select to show any additional columns. I may have some additional info, will post shortly.
  • Jacqui Allen
    edited February 2017
    Amy

Compare this to yours and you will see minor differences in the headers. I've included a second transaction to indicate a transaction when the transaction is split either across 2 accounts or gst types
    You need to make sure that the accounts, items, name (supplier or other name), tax codes and tax items ALREADY exist. (if not, then create them) before importing.

Good luck

• Amy - Compass West
    edited February 2017
    Thank you so much! I'll give this a go and cross my fingers :)
  • Felicity Van
    Felicity Van Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2018
    Hi, I need help with this feature.
    I have just imported some credit card transactions into our Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2018.  All worked fine however, for those entries that had a tax code entered in my template, the actual code is missing from the import.  the tax is correct, but no GST code (ie. NCG or NCF).  Is there something I am missing to do???
  • Paul_9881830
    Paul_9881830 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018

Is there any instructions or link thereto with regards to importing credit card purchases into Reckon Enterprise?