importing excel worksheet - inventory

Han Banan
Han Banan Member Posts: 14
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Using Reckon Hosted 2017, trying to import excel spreadsheet with new inventory.
No error codes but this error message pops up as soon as I select the file I want to upload.
We use a 'play' system to test uploads like this and it worked without any issues in there.

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hello Han , if you  do not get any resolution in this forum, give me  a call, we have  finished a very big file they had more than 17k stock items.
    CHANDRA 0407068942

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Han - what was the format of the file that successfully uploaded into your Play datafile?  was it tab delimited? (ie are you importing using the Import iif or Import Excel options?)  have you checked that the file is closed and not still open in Excel?  did you make any changes to the file after you did the upload into the Play file?  
  • Han Banan
    edited July 2018
    Hi Linda,  answers to your questions:
    1. Format file is .xlsx  - this is what we put into the play & into live
    2. Importing using 'Import Excel' option
    3. The file was not open while attempting uplift
    4. No changes made after test in play system

Hope this helps, thank you.
  • Han Banan
    edited July 2018
    Hi Linda, I've replied below to your questions. Appreciate your assistance, thanks.
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Sorry Han - I havent had much experience with using the import excel option - only the import .iif option...was the play file blank? - ie no inventory in there when you imported?  but the does the live file have inventory?  this could account for the failure with the live file?

I would probably need to see the file to help further - but I have limited time available today - if you want to email me the file you are trying to import - I could look over the weekend?  my email is linda@abcomputing.com.au  
  • Han Banan
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Linda, I'll look for another option as I will need it today.

It's frustrating because this works fine typically, but since the updates last weekend its not working. 
    Even trying to load a previously imported sheet did not work!
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2018
    ok - no worries - good luck - it doesnt really make sense if it was working before..  I would be thinking that something else is going on... if you were to restore a backup of your file from last week when it was 2017 version and tried to import that same thing - and it worked - you could at least confirm the file is ok and its the upgraded version thats the problem... just a thought...

Might also want to check if the same thing happens if you save the file as a .xls file?
  • Han Banan
    edited July 2018
    Well its still not working, I tried it as .xls file too.

It's telling me the file is corrupted but it works perfectly fine in our play system!
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    email it to me and I will see if I can see anything in there that would cause it to be unhappy..

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Hi Hannah - I have emailed you back - the file needed to be saved in the older Excel version and then you wont receive that message that the file is unrecognisable.  Cheers Linda