Importing from Bank Statement

Margot
Margot Member Posts: 33
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Upgraded today to Reckon Accounts Plus 2017.  Am attempting to import bank statements for first time, despite being a long-time user of Reckon/Quickbooks. 
am being asked "which app" to open the QIF files. 
Have a few choices:  Money Wallet,Explore Excel, Editable Word, Editable PDF.
Being completely new to this process .. can I please have a SUGGESTION??

Comments

• Margot
    edited January 2020
    Yes Kevin.  Have the window open "Import Bank Statement" and have the "File to convert" already from the bank.    But need an app to open it?
  • Margot
    edited January 2020
    It's downloaded already .. now I'm completing the window which says "QIF file to convert.  Have the file number in there. 
    Next box says "Save Converted File As"  and when I browse all the Reckon Accounts 2017 folders come up .. 
    Don't know which one to select.   ABA/ABAPages/ADT/certs/Components/Contractors/Convert02/Data/navigator
    that will be saved as a QBO File
    Doesn't mean much to me I'm sorry.
  • Margot
    edited January 2020
    And don't worry about all those folder names?
  • Margot
    edited January 2020
    Next line says "Account to Import into".  What kind of account?   It doesn't give any kind of guidance and it won't bring up the "what if my account doesn't appear in the above list?" which might have given me a clue.
    Sorry if I'm seeming thick.  It's just foreign at present .. once I "get it" I'll be fine.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2017
    Hi Margot,

Have a look at the guide for importing BankData transactions here.  Go to the section "Import your bank transactions" three quarters way down the article for steps and pictures of this process.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Margot
    edited January 2020
    Thank you John.  I'll certainly look.  Have just quickly scrolled through: am on another project till a bit later.   
    Looking around since my last post I found this, on good ole' Dr Google:

"The Import Bank Statement window will appear
    1. Click the Browse button to the right of the QIF File to Convert field.
    2. Select the location of your saved bank statement file.
    3. Select your bank account from the drop down menu of theQuickBooks Account to Import into field.
    4. Click OK to continue."
    Will try both and let you know!   

Thanks again!