Importing IIF files

Bill N Georgia Seeney
Bill N Georgia Seeney Member Posts: 4
edited February 2018 in Accounts Hosted
When i am importing an IIF file from another program the banking details in the supplier card are wiped. what do i need to do to stop this from happening?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2018
    Hi Bill N Georgia,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

If I understand your query correctly, you are importing Supplier details which include banking details from an IIF file sourced from a 3rd party and importing it to a company file that has or has not these Suppliers already entered.  The banking details in the source IIF do not appear in the Supplier record in your company file.  

Please check the structure of your source Supplier IIF file to one exported from your company file.  Make sure your column header for the banking details is exactly the same as it is in your exported IIF file.

In my file they appear as:
    ACCNTNAME   ACCNTNUM   BRANCHNUM   BANKNAME  LODGEMENT
    and are found in columns AW to AZ.

Bank details appear after import....

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Bill N Georgia Seeney
    edited February 2018
    Thank you John,
    The importing file does not have the banking detail in it. I have been told that if the banking details are added in Reckon then when the file is imported they stay in the supplier card, however this is not happening in my case.
    I am not sure how to fix this issue.

Regards

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Bill N Georgia,

When an IIF file is imported then the fields in the record are replaced by what is in the IIF file.  If a field is left blank or not included in the IIF file, and the corresponding record in the company file has information in that field, then a blank will be written into the field for that record.  

So, if you are importing limited changes to a Supplier record, and that record has other information in it, then all the company file record information must be in the IIF file to prevent any field with information being blanked out.  

Your best approach will be to export your existing Supplier List to an IIF file, modify the IIF file with new information, save it as an IIF file and then import it back into the company file.  

I hope this helps to understand the IIF import process.

regards,
    John
  • Bill N Georgia Seeney
    edited February 2018
    Thank you John