Importing purchases, IIF headings for Item and Description?

glennlittleford
glennlittleford Member Posts: 7
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi.

I need to create a IIF file to import purchase orders into Reckon. In Reckon the purchase order has several columns, ie Item, Description, Qty, Rate, etc. When creating the IIF file, which headings do I use for the Item and Description columns?  I've looked at the sample IIF files but the answer wasn't obvious, there is no header called ITEM or DESCRIPTION.

Thanks
Glenn

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    hello Glenn, 
    Some one here will definitely be able to help you in your  issues.
    However, if your need is on  more frequent basis , then we have done for Sales Order Tool that will automate the process and PO  has every items of SO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H10XZv-ud-4

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• glennlittleford
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Chandra, but I already have the items list, accounts, etc. I just need to know which headings in the IIF file correspond to the Items and Description columns on the Reckon purchase.
  • glennlittleford
    edited September 2018
    Well I've worked it out myself.  The IIF headings INVITEM matches up with the purchases Item column, and the MEMO field matches the Description. I also worked out you can post several purchases in the one IIF file by including the  !HEADINGS lines for each new purchase, not just once at the top. If you dont, Reckon crashes!

I have to say, documentation and support from Reckon for the IIF file is pathetic! I've developed my software to export to MYOB and Zero, both relatively easy compared to Reckon. Maybe something to address.

Glenn