Importing QIF Bank Statement Fails

Craig_7484054
Craig_7484054 Member Posts: 5
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I am now unable to import QIF bank statements into Reckon Accounts 2013 despite having done this many times in the past.

I have tried importing directly from the bank using 'Online Banking Centre' and by first downloading the file & importing using 'Import Bank Statement'.

I figured the problem might be with the file itself, so I tried importing an old QIF file which I have already imported previously. That failed leading me to believe there was some sort of corruption in my Reckon Accounts installation.

I have tried repairing via Windows Control Panel without any joy.

Can anyone suggest what I should be doing next please?...

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Craig, can you confirm the which bank these files are coming from?
  • Craig_7484054
    edited April 2015

Hey Mirko, they're coming from Westpac (www.westpac.com.au)

I have used their files before and as I mentioned I tried reloading an old file (which previously did work), however it did not work this time.

• Craig_7484054
    edited April 2015
    Thanks, I sent that today Mirko, sorry it took me a while. Craig
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Cheers Craig - no need to apologise. I've had a quick squiz at it myself and all imported fine in 2014. I've escalated the issue to our tech support and they revived an error (see below) when importing to 2015.image

When I tried in 2014, I went to import Bank Statement files with no error.

If that doesn't work try to select Web Connect Files as that got our Tech Support team member to successfully import after an error.

Keen to hear how you go Craig!
  • Craig_7484054
    edited April 2015

Thank you Mirko but neither of these have worked for me.

I have an option to 'Import Bank Statement...', which offers to convert a QIF file to QBO & import it. This option gives me the error I reported above during the import stage.

I looked up 'Web Connect Files' in the program's help. It refers to importing QBO files & says I should right click & choose open. When I do that it asks me if I want to import now (which I do), then in the next stage I get the same error as I reported above.

I tried also importing an OFX file which would not work because Reckon Accounts wanted to open it as a new company.

I'm not really sure what to try next...

• Tony Wilson_8173627
    Tony Wilson_8173627 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    I am getting exactly the same issue with NAB statements for my credit card.
  • Craig_7484054
    edited April 2016
    Here's what I do now. Download QIF to your hard drive. Then import via Banking / Import Bank Statement. It works for me.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Tony,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

I believe NAB offers a couple of QIF formats - a Quicken 6 and earlier, and a Quicken 7 and later.  Make sure your export file is in the Quicken 7 option option.

This error usually relates to an incorrect date format - mm/dd/yy rather than the dd/mm/yyyy format required by Reckon Accounts.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.

• Tony Wilson_8173627
    Tony Wilson_8173627 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    Wow that's fixed it completely. Thank you very much.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Great to hear Tony.

regards,
    John