In the upgrade instructions for Reckon Accounts Hosted it says to "Finalise year" in 2019 but wouldn

Options
Martin_10112591
Martin_10112591 Member Posts: 7
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
In the upgrade instructions for Reckon Accounts Hosted it says to "Finalise year" in 2019 but wouldn't you be finalising in 2018 before upgrading to 2019?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Its a bit different this time around with STP in the mix now.
    If there are employees that you've paid throughout the financial year who are not included in the last pay of the year ie. they've been terminated earlier etc, then the finalise year function in the 2019 version will bring a full list of employees paid throughout the year and will be sent as the final pay event.

More info - Single Touch Payroll End of Year Finalisation

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Martin_10112591
    Martin_10112591 Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • Elise Yung
    Elise Yung Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi,  I upgraded to 2019 R2 before uploading the final pay event and I am receiving an error when trying to submit the file through the portal, it wont accept the file at all.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Options
    What is the error message you're receiving specifically Elise?
    When you are uploading your final pay event file into the GovConnect service are you selecting the 'Finalise Year/Update Event' option as your upload option? This is a requirement.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Natalie_9987382
    Natalie_9987382 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi Rav, this summarises our situation. I didn't lodge a "final pay event" in my final payrun for the year as not all employees were included. So I should check all YTD figures for all staff throughout the year in the portal, when all figures are confirmed as correct, then upgrade from Accounts 2018 to 2019 R2, and then I can use the "finalise year" function to "declare" my 2018/2019 figures. Once that is done, I can start generating payruns for 2019/2020. Do I have that right?
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Exactly right Natalie :)