Incorrect account email now looking for help with deleting

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi all,

I've accidentally started an account with a misspelt email on the single touch payroll app and I'm looking to delete it. The ABN is 40077885155. I've looked and it seems to be a common problem so if anyone from the technical support team could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Photo of Wei Yang

Wei Yang

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,680 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Wei,
I'm not able to delete your ABN registration/app account because you've already sent a submission for it.
Let me clarify though, is it an incorrect email address you've registered on the app OR an incorrect ABN?

If its the former, log out of the app and then update the email address by logging into the Reckon Portal here with your current app login credentials ie. the incorrect email address.
Once you're logged in, click on 'Profile' in the top right corner and update the email address & save it. Now login with your new/correct email address on the app. 
Photo of Wei Yang

Wei Yang

Hi Rav,
Thanks for the quick reply. The email address is incorrect but the issue I also have is that I don't remember the password for this account and I can't reset the password because I don't have said email account. I called the customer service number and they suggested I get the account deleted by commenting here. Is there another option?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Right ok, I see what you mean.
In that case, what should the correct email address be? I can see the current one on the app account but can you let me know if its incorrect spelling that needs correct etc or if its a wholly incorrect email address?
Photo of Wei Yang

Wei Yang

The correct email address is exactly the same but with a [dot]au at the end. I also have an account with the correct email address but I'm unable to link the ABN to it as it's already linked to the incorrect account.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Cool thanks Wei.
I've managed to update the email address for the app account on my end just now. I'm assuming you're not still logged in anymore but if you are, logout of the app (Settings section > Logout) and close the app in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps.

Open it back up again after a couple of minutes and then login with the new email address.