Input debit amount converted to decimal point automatically

Options
CK
CK Member Posts: 7

We have installed Reckon Enterprise Account 2018 recently, and has created a new company.

However, when we try to create a General Journal Entries for such new company, we encountered problem.

The debit & credit amount of the entries is HKD50, but when we key in character 50 at debit amount field, the system convert our input amount 5.00 automatically.

What we want is 50.00 instead. 

Could you please kindly advise how to solve it ?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Easyily fixed CK!  Just go to the Edit Menu - select Preferences - select General - then under My Preferences, you can remove the tick from Automatically Place Decimal Point... - should be all good now!  Cheers Linda
  • CK
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanks Linda, but I have already disable the 'Automatically Place Decimal Point' function.
    I find that when I input char '1', the amount becomes 0.00 automatically. And when I enter 50, the amount become 5.00 automatically, which prevent me to input amount like 50.5. 
    For char other than '1' & '0', it is normal. I don't know why,
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    CK. Does the same thing happen when you use the number pad or the numbers from the top row of your keyboard? John
  • Linda ABC
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I would also be checking your Region settings?  do you have your keyboard set for a different region that might be making it hard for Enterprise to understand what you are wanting?
  • CK
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi John, same problem occurred, no matter I use the number pad or the number from the top row of my keyboard
  • CK
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi Linda, attached is our user's region setting in Win 10
  • Linda ABC
    edited January 2019
    Options
    So - hopefully a Reckon Tech is seeing this post - I would be thinking that your problem is occurring due to these keyboard settings?  have you tried temporarily changing your settings to English (Australia) - then see if your problem with placing of the decimal point goes away?  If it does - then you will need to consider your options?