Input sales without invoice

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Hi, I run a bakery that is mainly wholesale so most things are invoices which is fine for recording $$ sales, but I am wanting to know how to record my shop sales so they will show up as income on the profit and loss. I only want to put in the $ amount, not wanting to have an itemized list of products just a daily or weekly $ total.
Your help would be much appreciated on the best way to do this.
Thank you,
Matt
Photo of Matt Aylett

Matt Aylett

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Brave Heart

Brave Heart

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The product invoice only work with items, you still need to create weekly total item linked to a income account to achieve what you want.
Photo of Matt Aylett

Matt Aylett

Could you please explain how to do this?
Photo of Matt Aylett

Matt Aylett

How do I create a sales receipt for that?
Thanks
Photo of ARC BookKeeping

ARC BookKeeping, Accredited Partner

• 6,344 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi matt.

If you would like Visuals on the above methods.....

Create item... open the items list... in bottom left corner click 'item' click 'new' and fill out something like this.... I would create an Non-Inventory part... other wise you will have to keep altering the 'stock' level on this item ... I would also 'tick' the 'this item used in assemblies or is purchased...etc'
so that you have the out going expense account (Cost of Goods Sold) as well as the income account (sales or similar) associated with this item. 

the actual item name you can choose to suit you... the expense & Income accounts would have to be either what you already have set up or you can create 'new' ones so it was easier to see these sales on your P&L report.

then on the 'Create Sales Receipt' Create a customer called something like 'Shop Sales' and fill out to look something like this..... you can choose to have this 'deposit to' where ever it is easiest for you to take the next step ... my suggestions would be either a 'till' bank account or 'undeposited funds' account or if it is what you took to the bank that day you could even 'Deposit to' your bank account.

Hope this helps..

Cheers
Angie Carlyle

Photo of jose

jose

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Angie,

Somehow the print screen is covering your written instructions (not sure why what is) could I get a copy of your instructions?

Thanks

Jose
Photo of Graham Boast

Graham Boast, Accredited Partner

• 11,704 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jose,

I think that is just a sliver of the background captured with the screenshot.

Graham
Photo of Matt Aylett

Matt Aylett

That's great thanks!
What do I do to stop these payments becoming credits for the customer 'shop sales'? As this 'customer' hasn't ordered anything any payments put through become a credit.

Thank you
Matt
Photo of ARC BookKeeping

If you have set it up correctly and you use the 'Create sales receipts' window it shouldnt show as credits...

Can you put up a Screen shot of the credits???

window 7&8 have a cute we program already built in called 'Snipping Tool' or you can download a free similar program called 'Snip It'

Photo of Matt Aylett

Matt Aylett

Sorry my mistake. I misunderstood my partner. The credits were just from the previous attempt to put these sales in. The way we have done it with your previous advise worked perfectly.
Thank you for your help :)
Photo of ARC BookKeeping

Your Welcome...

Have a good night...

Cheers
Angie Carlyle

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.