Inputting my inventory on hand quantities in new company - Reckon Accounts Plus 2018 Desktop

Chris B
Chris B Member Posts: 13
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi there, I am using Reckon Accounts Plus 2018 Desktop.  On the 1st of July I changed my business entity from partnership to sole trader and have exported all my customers, suppliers, inventory lists and invoice templates into a new company.  I need to manually put all my inventory quantities in but what account do I choose?  This is what I have experimented with so far:
I printed my stock take list from company A, and want to transfer to company B.
I chose 'Adjust Quantity on Hand' in Company B and put 3 items into stock and put it against Adjustment Account 'Inventory Asset' because that's where my stock dollars is sitting in Company A.  But when I look up my Chart of Accounts it is still a zero balance.
I have about $10,000 worth of stock that I need to have in my new company before I can start doing Purchase Orders and invoicing so my stock levels are correct.
Can anyone offer any assistance as to where I am going wrong?

Comments

• Chris B
    edited June 2020
    Hi can anyone help me??
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2019
    sorry been too busy to read this one - but will try tonight and give you some suggestions!

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Chris

Sent you a link, via email did you get it.
  • Chris B
    edited July 2019
    Yes I did Kwikbooks, thanks!
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    Hi Chris - have arrived home and read your post properly - you did well with the Adjust Quantity on hand entry - but you just probably didnt tick the box at the bottom left of this screen called Value adjustment?  this adds value columns where you can put in the value of the stock that matches the quantities you have entered...Also I would choose not Inventory Asset as your adjustment account - because putting the stock values in will debit this account anyway - and the adjustment account is going to credit whatever you choose - which will cancel itself out in your example... so the adjustment account should be either an equity account (ie the value of the stock you bring to the business) or an other current liability account (ie a loan from the partnership to the soletrader that should/could be paid out at some stage?)... hopefully that makes some sense?
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Linda

As stated above, I have sent Chris a link via email explaining all this and more
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    No worries - felt committed to respond since I said I would and I thought might help others too? all good. :)
  • Chris B
    edited July 2019
    Thank you so much Linda for your input