Install onto second machine

Janet Rowe
Janet Rowe Member Posts: 1
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have Reckon Accounts Plus that sits on a desktop computer. We want to be able to use a laptop once a month to take to a meeting so that we can easily answer questions from the management group regarding our finances and any details. Is there a way of installing onto a second machine or using a trial version to enable this to happen. I would prefer not to purchase a second licence for a the 30 min a month it will be used, but I also don't have access to this laptop the rest of the time, and thus can't just install it on that machine only.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Janet, thanks for your post. Plus only works on a single machine at a time. You could uninstall and install in the new machine, each and every time. Not the easiest or most productive method.

If you are on a annual license, I'd suggest going to Accounts Pro, the difference in price is less than $90 a year, and allows for a second license. There are also more features. It might be worthwhile installing a Pro trial on the laptop to play with the added features and to help you decide.

(Remember to make a new back up of your company file for the Pro trial, as once a file is upgraded, you can't go back down to a lower version.)