install reckon 2016 from an old computer to new one.

Michele Shay_9096457
Michele Shay_9096457 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just purchased a new computer and want to transfer Reckon 2016 to it from my old computer. Not sure of the best way to go about it. I have loaded all the data from the old computer onto a portable harddrive.

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    This is easy to do, install Reckon onto your new computer, get it registered again if needed, and then on the old computer run a full verified backup. On the new computer you can use the backup to Restore From Backup and your file will be the same as on the old computer.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi Michele,

Welcome to the Community!

Here's what I'd recommend.. before making the move to the new computer, firstly rebuild & verify your file to ensure there are no errors in the file. Follow up on any if there are after this process completes.

Create a few backups and transfer one to a removable disk eg USB stick, external hard drive (it sounds like you've done this already)

Uninstall Reckon Accounts from the old PC then install on the new. If you need to access your software download, you can do so from the Members Area HERE

There's more info on our Installation & Upgrade Guide HERE

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Woops! Looks like Debonair beat me to the punch here.. :) 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michele Shay_9096457
    Michele Shay_9096457 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Just tried this process but there isn't a 2016 option in the download list only 2015 or 2017.