Installation of Reckon Accounts Premier 2017 on Laptop

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
I am running Reckon Accounts Premier 2017 on my PC with windows 7. I have just intalled it on a new Laptop with Windows 10. Install all good and I have a good wireless internet connection.
My problem is that my data on the Laptop does not refresh/update to reflect what is on the PC.
I have switched to Multi-User mode on PC and Laptop. Is this correct? Could you please advise what I need to do?   Thank you.
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 18,994 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Kevin.  Have you got the two computers networked through Reckon and are you holding a second licence for your laptop?
John L G  
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi John thanks for your reply? I definitely have 2 licences. Is the networking something I set up and if so how? or do I need to call Reckon to have this done?
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 18,994 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Kevin.  There are options that you have to select when you install the program on your main computer (usually the server).  Perhaps the following might help you:
https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/host_multi_user_access_and_database_server_manager_dbsm
I am not an expert on the subject, so you may need to do some further research yourself or get in touch with Reckon for help.
John L G
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 40,800 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Kevin have you shared the file across the network? Can you see the file when you log in to the computer which is not the host? Have you got the file in the default directory on the host?

Have you installed the database server manager on the host and scanned tbe folders?

Call me if you need help

Kevin t:0407744914