internal error (MAPI error code 80004005 sendemail.cpp) Emails not sent

Marni Hall
Marni Hall Member Posts: 1
Error when sending invoices via Outlook 2010  - 

Reckon Accounts Premier 2018
Remote desktop running Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacentre with 5 user license. 
Email client is Outlook 2010

Emails are intermittently failing to send using Send Forms.  They remain marked as "To email", but when we got to "Send forms" to resend, the list is empty.  We can't find a way to get these emails to appears - unchecking the box, saving and then rechecking the to email box doesn't work.  This has happened a few times in recent months but we can't identify a single customer that may be the cause.
New invoices can be created and emailed without issues.

The most recent time we had this problem an error message appeared:
Reckon Accounts Internal Error Message
An internal error occurred while preparing your message. It has not been sent. (MAPI error code 80004005 (16389) at line 1107 in sendemail.cpp)

The failed invoices are not always for the same customers.

Additionally, on this most recent occurrence, one invoice was sent to the wrong recipients -  customer B and customer A's emails addresses were all recipients of a single email with invoice for customer A attached.  

Any help to stop this happening would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Mitchell Setschnjak
    Mitchell Setschnjak Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    I have had similar issues for about 3 years and finally sat down to work out what is going on.

We have a master file on a PC in the office. I share that file on my PC to perform quotes but until now was unable to email my quotes. Every time I went to email I would get the Printer prompt and an error like you are saying. 

The fix is this.

1. Make sure your MAPI is working. Go to Word - Send - E-mail. If this work then the MAPI is fine.
    2. Check you have a XPS Printer in your "printers & scanners" of your computer. If not you can add it.
    3. Finally make sure you have Quickbooks and Outlook running in adminstrator mode. Do this by right clicking the Shortcut of each - compatibility - tick run as administrator. 

That is what worked for me with no help from anyone from reckon other than just buy an upgrade.