Internal error occured while preparing message. (MAPI error code 00000000 (0) at line 921 in sendema

Barry_8157861
Barry_8157861 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, I received upgrade to 2016 version of Reckon Accounts Plus for
( SuperStream compliance, Windows® 10 compatibility, webmail integration, and many more enhancements. ) All appears fine except when trying to email invoices the above error message comes up. Have looked through past trouble shooting and tried debugging etc

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Barry,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

To help you with your issue what email client are you using?  Outlook 2013? etc.

regards,
    John
  • Barry_8157861
    Barry_8157861 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    Hi John
    We use windows live mail. Just a quick brief, we upgraded our computer last year and had to upgrade the quickbooks program. The program was not compatable and one of your awesome tech help guys fixed the program and has been working fine with the live mail. I upgraded to the 2016 update yesterday and now not working again when sending invoices from quickbooks. Cheers
  • John G
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Barry,

You'll need to make a few configuration adjustments to make it work with Reckon Accounts.  Windows Live itself has undergone changes, so the few guides we have, already rather dated, relevant our existing guides are I am not sure.

There is a previous post at:  Unable to find default mail provider in Windows Registry

Our old articles that are now dated are at:
    windows 7 and Live Mail;
    Cannot open email attachments
    Unable to open message store.

The main trick is adjusting the QBW.ini file for:
    [DEBUGGING]
    SIMPLEMAPI=1

and you may need to update a couple of Registry keys.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Emma Eccles
    Emma Eccles Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2018

Hi

I am using Reckon Enterprise 2016, Windows 10 and outlook 2016 and am getting these errors. I thought 2016 Reckon fixed these problems. Please help

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Email error with RA 2016 Please reference the new conversation here: Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2016, Win 10 & Outlook 2016 - 921 error

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Faith McCallum_8781500
    Faith McCallum_8781500 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    Has your error been fixed Clare Buckley? I am having the same problem and despite following all the varying instructions on here I have been unable to fix the problem...
  • Steve_7915383
    Steve_7915383 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    I'm using 2016 version of Reckon Accounts Plus and having the same error message as Barry.
    I have Windows 10 and Outlook 365.
    Following Rav's reference https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-accounts-enterprise-2016-win-10-outlook-2016-921-e... did not help in my case.

Please help.

• John G
    edited March 2018
    Hello Steve,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Following the article Attempt to email from RAB2016 through Outlook2016 fails with a MAPI error again is still the best approach.  

If your issue persists please call Technical support for mfurther one-to-one attention on it.

regards,
    John

• Max_9100549
    Max_9100549 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    In case anyone isn't aware, you can now put SMTP mail settings directly into Reckon Accounts. For details see: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5391

You can set it to BCC your address if you like a copy in your mailbox.

This discussion has been closed.