invalid company abn and branch number stp app

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I am only using the STP app as have 1 employee- getting invalid company info- have checked abr/abn details against company details in the app and they are exactly the same.  
Photo of Karyn

Karyn

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 87,056 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Karyn
Did you check the branch number and address details in the company section as well?
Make sure there are no special characters in the address & phone number fields ie. brackets or spaces in the phone number field, dashes or slashes etc in the address fields.
Photo of Karyn

Karyn

All looks okay. Our abn is 98 467 719 451.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 86,464 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
When I look at the ABN registration on our end, it shows its been registered with branch number 001. Do you actually have a branch number of 001 for your ABN?
(Edited)
Photo of Karyn

Karyn

I am at a loss as to what to  check next- abn, address and branch all looks correct in mobile app.  software id 2160777932- maybe should get this deleted completely  and start again.
still getting incorrect company/branch details when I try to submit.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Do you want me to delete your ABN registration from the app so you can register it again and setup the details from scratch?
Photo of Karyn

Karyn

Yes please as I don't know what else I can do to get it to work
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Ok, I've deleted the ABN from the app account.
What you need to do now is logout of the app, close it in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps and then log back in after a minute or two.

You'll be asked to register your ABN again & setup your employees etc.
You will have a new Software ID number which you'll need to register with the ATO.
Photo of Karyn

Karyn

So have setup details again and updated software id number with ato
added employee but have entered as no pay runs yet this year as I was going to enter all previous payruns into reckon- is this correct or now do I need to fix this too and just enter the YTD totals and only start from this week- what start date should be in the system
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

You don't need to enter all the previous pay runs, just enter the YTD that the employee's have already been paid when the app prompts you to do so and then from then on enter the latest pay run only.
Photo of Karyn

Karyn

Yes I do. My software Id is 2160777932. I don't know what else to check. Could the actual abn business name be too long and therefore be causing an error?
Photo of Karyn

Karyn

Still not working- maybe I should get it deleted and start again!!  As far as I can see all details match