Investing > Portfolio View > As of Calendar

Options
Tiger20
Tiger20 Member Posts: 10
I'm using PP2015 and find the Investing > Portfolio View > As of Calender when clicked on is half off the page. I know I can enter an individual date, but can I shift/make the displayed calendar fully visible so that it can be used?

Comments

• Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi Tiger,

If you have Reckon displayed so as to fill your computer screen, a small calendar can be seen just to the right of the calendar box you refer to in your question. However, when you reduce the size of the Reckon screen, there comes a point where the calendar icon disappears, and only part of the date box can be seen. Reducing the Reckon display further, and the date box disappears completely.

However, if you reduce the width of the Accounts list on the left hand side of the Reckon screen, (by dragging the RH side of the Accounts window, the Portfolio View date box can be brought into view again.

The answer is to adjust the size of the Reckon screen to suit what you are doing.

I have developed a set of Reckon windows and positions on my computer screen, to suit the Excel windows I am copying and pasting Reckon Reports to, as part of my compilation of Excel Reports, some of which I subsequently paste into Word. 

Hope this helps.

Dan Fardon

• gavin.nicholson.au
    gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2019
    Options
    One of a long list of bugs that Reckon doesn't care less about that you need to find a workaround for. I have exactly the same problem but I have a dual monitor setup so I keep it on the LH side and I can the see the "missing" half of the box on my other screen
  • Tiger20
    edited October 2015
    Options

Thanks Dan - I am running in full screen. I can't see any other way. No handles to reduce total width, only the minimise (Nothing) or Maximise squares. So I guess that boils down to I don't know how.

It is the resulting calendar I'm referring to not the date box which is fully visible with its mini calendar icon showing that when clicked produces the Calendar that is part off screen resulting in not being able to select the last half of any week.

Maximum or minimum of Accounts box has no effect on the position of Date Box and Calendar. There is plenty of spare space over there on my wide screen.

• gavin.nicholson.au
    gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2015
    Options
    When you click on the maximise button (or double click the title bar) the window goes from maximised to some other size. When it is in some other size you can drag the window edges to whatever size you need.
  • Tiger20
    edited October 2015
    Options

Thanks Gavin - You obviously know my problem.

I hadn't changed to alternate screen but wouldn't want to do that regularly (A pain in that it doesn't just float across, as it is all or nothing). My alternate is not as wide and I just use for VBA code and is quite suitable for that, but reduces the available layout on PP2015.
    On the alternate your solution also has the problem that I prefer my (Maybe Windows Task Bar) on the LHS of the main screen so the Calendar then is hidden behind that obscuring the LHS of Calendar. Another bad design one could say. 

• Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hello Tiger and Gavin,

On my laptop, I have reduced the total width of my Reckon Personal Plus 2015 window to 16.5cms wide, and the column showing the names of the Cash Flow Accounts, this savings and credit cards to 2.7cms wide, and on the right hand side of my Portfolio View, the Calendar icon is clearly visible, and I am able to click on any day of the week and click  to previous months OK, but and it is a big but, the Calendar only appears in my Second Display. If I turn off my second display at the mains, and have Reckon fill the full screen or part of the screen of my laptop, the Calendar does not appear.

So, I think you are correct in that this appears to be a problem with Reckon. I have not tried turning off the second display via Windows Control Panel settings, because I have learned not to tamper with those settings.

I have also just found that if the Reckon window is in on my laptop screen and my second display is turned off, and I  have the Security Detail View open, and click Update Edit Price History New, and click Calendar, the Calendar only appears if I have my second display open.

I just found too, that the same disappearing problem exists when trying to view it for Scheduling Bills and Deposits in the Reckon Cash Flow Section.

So, many thanks for alerting me to this Calendar problem which exists in several Operational Areas of the Reckon program, and over to you, Reckon for a much needed solution regarding the problems with displaying the Reckon Calendar.

Best wishes,

Dan Fardon 

• Tiger20
    edited October 2015
    Options

Thanks again Gavin

Your notes have made me investigate and I found that my reduced view was in fact as small as one can make it. Just a small piece like the size of the date box for example. When I use the controls on that and make it larger it becomes noticeable as a usable screen. Yes on that I can adjust it and make the Calendar fully visible.

On the small size it does (in my terms) float across the two screens as well.

Thanks for your assistance.

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Tiger and Dan,

Thanks for raising this issue on the Reckon Community.

The behaviour your experiencing relates to your Screen Resolution display settings.  Check out your setting for Multiple displays.  Here's mine, using dual screens:

I can replicate your issue by choosing the option Show desktop only on 1.  When I am set to Extend these displays I see the left half of the calendar on the main screen and the right half on the second screen.

Please check your settings and select the appropriate one for your current working conditions.  

Hope this helps,

regards,
    John.

• Tiger20
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi John

Yes the problem is when the main display is on the RH screen as mine is, and I do not wish to change it as this is the location that suits my set-up.

My immediate problem was the small screen setting being at absolute minimum and I not recognising that. With that resolved the positioning of the displayed full Calendar remains in my view as a Reckon design issue to be resolved.

Thanks for your input.