Investment Activity Report

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • I am using Reckon personal plus 17 and I am trying to look at the reports I printed out when I did my 2014 tax return.
  • the reports that I saved back them are under saved reports but they are missing figures and some of the figures are not the same as the reports
  • how do I get the reports that I am now looking at that I saved in 2014 to be the same
  • why are the saved reports different and what does this mean for the accuracy of my total superannuation file
Photo of Annie

Annie

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 5,724 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Bit hard to respond without knowing a bit more, Ann.  Are you using a single file for the whole period?  Assuming so, have you Validated and Super Validated your file, to make sure there aren't any problems with the database?  Be the first place to start.

After that it would be a matter of identifying which transactions differ.
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ann,

What date range did you specify in your saved report?

regards,
John.
Photo of Annie

Annie

thanks John and Dave for your replies
I am finding it really difficult to explain what this problem is and I am having trouble finding answers to my problem but that is probably because I cant explain it well
I have already wasted too much time on this and ended up with numerous files and backups that I am losing track of where I am
All a bit of a mess!!!!:(
I have decided to start again with a new data file and hopefully not stuff up the backups and get this problem sorted so that I feel confident that my SMSF is correct

thanks again for your support
Ann
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Sounds difficult, Ann.  My own view is to save each Financial Year in a separate file, as per the Year-End Copy procedure, so your file doesn't become bloated.  Investment transactions carry through, but banking accounts are closed off.

Without further info, can't help further I'm afraid.

Best of luck - can be very frustrating! :)
Photo of Annie

Annie

thanks so much Dave
Not quite sure what you mean by a separate file for each financial year
do you mean you start a new file each year???
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Yes, I do Ann, as per the Year-end procedure.  So for example, my data for last Financial Year is filed as "FY'16 Data".  Each Financial year starts with the reconciled closing bank balances from the previous   year.  Investment transactions carry on, so for example you can generate a Portfolio Balance, dividend or capital gain report for any date, but not reports from Spending accounts.

If that's of interest, happy to help.
Photo of Annie

Annie

Hi Dave
Yes your help would be greatly appreciated
where can I get a copy of the year end procedure??
i am just about finished entering and reconciling the 2013 year so i am thinking that i will do as you do and close off 2013 and start a new file for 2014
thanks 
will be in touch
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Ann, not sure there is a manual!  Ee-mail me at david.stewart@optusnet.com.au and I'll step you through the process - it's slightly more complicated than the menu implies.