Investment Transactions - transfer account

Ian Runge
Ian Runge Member Posts: 5
I changed brokers, and in the process set up a new bank account .... and I changed the details for all of my investment so they now transfer dividends and interest to this new account.  BUT in entering transactions in Reckon the default bank account for these transfers is the old account and I cannot find any way to set up the transactions so that the funds are transferred into the new bank.

Comments

• Ian Runge
    edited April 2019
    Yes, you have diagnosed the problem correctly.  Thanks for this suggestion - I figured I could do this but I sure wasn't about to do such a messy work-around without first trying to change the linked account properly.
  • Ian Runge
    edited April 2019
    Well, yes I did, sort of .... unlinked the account, then it asked for a backup which I did, then it tried re-linking everything and it couldn't, so I abandoned this path, just re-loaded the back-up.  Then I effectively re-named my "old" linked account to a generic name, and from here I just transfer funds out to whichever real bank account that the dividends or interest are paid into.  It is an extra step but will have to do for now.
  • Ian Runge
    edited April 2019
    Good advice on doing your own copies of the 6 RPP files.
    No - not all dividends go to the same bank account.   What you suggest about not having a linked account ... that was what I was trying to do by "unlinking" but Reckon couldn't do that, so I am back with using the now-renamed "generic" linked account and transferring out of this account to whichever account the dividends get paid into.  Thanks for your help!