Invoice imported through iif file is shown as successful but no invoice found on reckon

Faisal Ali
Faisal Ali Member Posts: 2
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am trying to import iff file with following data:
!TRNS TRNSID TRNSTYPE DATE ACCNT NAME AMOUNT DOCNUM CLEAR
!SPL SPLID TRNSTYPE DATE ACCNT NAME AMOUNT DOCNUM CLEAR TAXABLE
!ENDTRNS
TRNS 1 TAX INVOICE 06/20/17 Consulting fees Vincent 200 234 N
SPL 2 INVOICE 06/20/17 Consulting fees Vincent -100 234 N Y
ENDTRNS
Reckon Accounts Hosted shows that the import was successful, but I cant see any invoice under Customers > Transaction > Invoices (or for that matter, under any item under transaction)

what am I doing wrong.. also, I have a new account, so the only thing that I created is a customer (Vincent)..

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Faisal - I am away from my normal computer at present so I can't check 100% but I am pretty sure the problem is with the word TAX INVOICE - I think this should just say INVOICE, the same as the split line... you are also missing the taxcode field and the taxamount fields?  I think you have done this because its what the help file says? (I believe this relates to the old US version and isnt completely accurate?) but in my experience with POS and importing tranactions - these fields should contain the same name on both the TRNS and the SPL lines...  I think perhaps get on to Reckon tech support and ask them to send you the format for Australia?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2017
    Hi Faisal,

Here is my test file...

regards,
    John