Invoice number in email subject line

GoatyMcGoatBoat
GoatyMcGoatBoat Member Posts: 54
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I send ALL invoices via email (using Outlook), currently Reckon Premier prints the email subject line as "Invoice from STEVE'S STRIPPERS PTY. LTD." (obviously not my real company name lol)

I need the subject line to be "Invoice ?1234? from STEVE'S STRIPPERS PTY. LTD."  

Currently I add the invoice number manually but this is not a long term solution, due to the nature of my business if a client buys ten products they are issued ten invoices... this is the reason I need the invoice numbers in the email subject and also the reason why it's not reasonable for me to be adding them manually.

Please advise how I can do this

Thanks

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited July 2020
    The answer to this is it can't be done. I have asked many times over the years.
    When you search in Outlook you can still search by the invoice number as it does search the attachments.
  • GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the reply.

The invoice number in the subject line isn't for me, it's for my clients.  It shows them instantly that they haven't been double-invoiced or something like that, and it needs to be included in the subject line.

Shame it can't be done, some further searching of these forums shows that Reckon don't seem to care about it at all.  Oldest post is like three or four years old :/

I've just paid nearly a grand for software that it seems to be basically unsupported, would that be a fairly accurate statement?

Cheers
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Wouldn't say that's accurate Goaty, however at this point the method in which you wish to manipulate the functionality isn't available.

I can however see the value in this however and it's something I can report as a feature request.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I guess that at this stage Goaty, it is fair to say that the info you require has been "stripped"  out :)
    John L G
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hi Guys, yes Cosmic Innovations invoice does that exactly showing Invoice number on the subject line of the invoice.
    And lots more see RECKON ADD ON MARKET .
    We have now got a extremely discounted  monthly rate for the MOBILE INVOICE FOR RECKON HOSTED. Just call me for the new price any one having this issues.
    http://go.reckon.com/add-on-marketplace-cosmic-invoice/

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited May 2017
    Chandra, I appreciate that you've got to spruik your product but try reading the original post. I'm not using reckon hosted.
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    OK THKS , Reckon Premier

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the reply Rav.

The thing is.. after a bit more searching of the forums, it seems to me like this has been a feature request for at least three years.  Can I expect some sort of action on it or will my request still be sitting there in three years' time?

Cheers
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Goaty, I had a few customers who would also delete the invoices assuming they are duplicates. I would get around this by adding a step to emailing invoices. Click the "to be emailed" option and save the invoices. Later go to the batch of invoices to send and you can quickly add in the numbers on the subject line.
    Yes it is another unnecesary step, but when you have ignorant customers like that it is a way to get around their own stupidity.
    Not every program will do everything you want but you can find ways around the little things they dont do.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Totally understand where you're coming from Goaty, unfortunately, there will be cases where certain things won't make it for various reasons. While I can't make any guarantees on future functionality inclusions, our product teams do welcome and consider all suggestions when prioritising where to devote resources to throughout the year.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the idea @DebonAir, I'll give that a try
This discussion has been closed.