Invoice showing as unpaid but is (shows zero balance owing)

davkell
davkell Member Posts: 27
edited April 2017 in Reckon One
After deleting some duplicate transactions (no idea how they got duplicated) the invoice for the transaction is now showing as invoice owing (unpaid) but reflects a Zero Balance?

I also have the same problem with a Bill. I had the same transaction appear 3 times in my reconciliation for some reason. So I deleted two transactions leaving the one behind. Now the relevant Bill for that transaction has popped up as an outstanding Bill, but it shows that it is paid.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Anton Strauss
    Anton Strauss Member Posts: 98
    edited April 2017
    I have the same transactions that have shown a $0.00 balance for the last 7 years, I got used to ignore them

I wish there was a way to hide them
  • davkell
    edited May 2016
    Surely it can be fixed. Has something to do with the duplicate transactions that I've deleted. Ive sent in a support request, so I'll see what they say. Cheers.

• Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    I'll be looking forward to the outcome, maybe one day I can clear all the $0 amounts in my file

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi David,
    What shows on your Open Invoices report and Unpaid Bills report?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• davkell
    edited April 2017
    Both reflect the invoice as being unpaid but shows a zero balance. The same for the bill. It comes up in the unpaid bills report but shows a zero balance.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for checking David,

It sounds like we need to take a closer look especially in regard to the process which caused this.

Can you please give our Reckon One Support team a call on 1300 RKN ONE (1300 756 663) when you have a chance.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Hi guys,

From reading this thread it seems to me that David is using Reckon One (as per category selection on this thread) & Anton is using Reckon Accounts... my assumption for this is due to the report screen shot included by Anton which looks to be an RA report & not a R1 report.

Perhaps you guys could confirm the products you are using as the solution may be different for each product.
  • Anton Strauss
    edited March 2017
    yes, I am using Reckon Accounts Plus

I have learned to live with these 0 balances, but would be good to know how to clean it up
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Out of curiosity, these particular invoices/bills causing issues which have $0.00 balances, do they...

a) have $0.00 totals (i.e. zero dollar invoice/bill with no linked payments)
    b) have positive totals with linked transactions (i.e. $100.00 invoice/bill linked to a $100.00 payment resulting in a $0.00 invoice/bill balance) 
  • davkell
    edited May 2016
    I will. Not likely today. Maybe tomorrow or next week. But thank you.
  • davkell
    edited April 2017
    I am using Reckon One.

a) No.
    b) Positive total with a linked transaction equaling the invoice/bill and shows a zero balance.

• Steph Luck_8206927
    Steph Luck_8206927 Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2017
    I get this issue if I have allocate a payment to the income account directly and not off the invoice, generally from reconciling a bank transaction rule without looking at it clearly enough! I literally had to go back through each individual transaction for that customer to find the one that I hadn't allocated correctly... because it annoyed me WAY too much to just ignore it!
  • ajmcewan
    ajmcewan Member Posts: 1

Hi I am having the same problem with the below 2 Invoices Showing as unpaid and overdue.

Thanks Tony

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Different program I know, but I recently did a verification data on a Reckon Hosted backup and ended up with a 10 year invoice now showing as o/s. The amount had doubled on the invoice and so I did a second line with the correct amount and deleted the original line and all went back to normal