Invoice - Terms & Conditions Page 2

Tanya Marshall
Tanya Marshall Member Posts: 7
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm using Reckon Accounts Pro 2014. Is there any current Reckon program that would enable me to attach Terms and Conditions to a Tax Invoice i.e Page 2 or do I still need to attach a separate PDF when I email the Invoice? 

Comments

• Tanya Marshall
    Tanya Marshall Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2018
    I have searched the forum and there haven't been any fixes that I can find, only as I suggested in my post to attach a separate PDF everytime which is not user friendly
  • Kevin Whiting_9030083
    Kevin Whiting_9030083 Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2018
    We have the same challenge ("automatic" emailing from Reckon of Quote/Invoice with integrated T&C).  Unfortunately we have not found a way to do it other than manually adding the T&C text to every Invoice, either as an Item or simply as extra text.  Both of these options look rather ordinary, so we use the PDF "joining" technique, as above.
  • Darren T
    Darren T Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2019
    WTF? Why cant they come up with something that is more usable for the average joe contractor or business person that is not too PC literate or knows how to use pdfs etc who are using reckon?
    Would seem to be a great help as most business's need T&Cs attached to each invoice and to do it manually seems impractical.
    Imagine having to add your header or footer to each and every invoice separately... its done via the template function so why cant a provision be put in there to add T&Cs? 
  • Darren T
    edited July 2019

Kevin, the point people are trying to make is that the ability to add Ts&Cs into the invoicing template or as a selectable add on suck as with an item etc should be built into the system.

Having to reply on a third party's product to enable Ts&Cs to be sent with an invoice is illogical for a product that is based around invoicing!

They have the system set up so you can email each invoice direct from the invoice data entry page which works very well, so where's the problem with adding a T&C text box or page to the system? Hell I'll happily pay more per month if they need to see a return on setting it up and believe other users would too.   
  • Darren T
    edited July 2019
    No Kevin, that wont work for me either as being a small business (which is what reckon is for isn't it?) I do not have a website as there is no need for one and the associated costs that go with designing, maintaining and paying for a website.

The CCA act states that a copy of its terms (one page is sufficient space to comply with the act in that regard)  must be sent to customers along with the invoice in order to gain the protections afforded by the act.

BTW, If I did do what 90% of businesses did I'd be using some other form of invoicing system......

• Darren T
    edited July 2019

As mentioned above, the act states that the terms must be sent with the invoice, that's why many Electricians, Plumbers, Builders and larger contractors etc have it printed on the reverse side of their invoice printed on their large expensive printer.

Just adding it to a credit agreement does not comply with the act.  
  • Darren T
    edited July 2019

Sure thing, read section 20 (3) and (4)
  • Darren T
    edited July 2019

Er… by you asking "which section" I took it you were aware of which act the CCA was. If you are an accountant or similar you may wish to advise any clients of yours who do not currently use it of it's existence. 

Try google, "CCA 2002", its the Construction Contracts Act 2002.

FYI;

The section reads as follows but by all means, look it up yourself and you will see what many contractors are using to protect themselves from non payment of work done.

20 Payment claims

(1)

A payee may serve a payment claim on the payer for a payment,—

(a)

if the contract provides for the matter, at the end of the relevant period that is specified in, or is determined in accordance with the terms of, the contract; or

(b)

if the contract does not provide for the matter in the case of a progress payment, at the end of the relevant period referred to in section 17(2); or

(c)

if the contract does not provide for the matter in the case of a single payment expressly agreed under section 14(1)(a), following the completion of all of the construction work to which the contract relates.

(2)

A payment claim must—

(a)

be in writing; and

(b)

contain sufficient details to identify the construction contract to which the payment relates; and

(c)

identify the construction work and the relevant period to which the payment relates; and

(d)

state a claimed amount and the due date for payment; and

(e)

indicate the manner in which the payee calculated the claimed amount; and

(f)

state that it is made under this Act.

(3)

A payment claim must be accompanied by—

(a)

an outline of the process for responding to that claim; and

(b)

an explanation of the consequences of—

(i)

not responding to a payment claim; and

(ii)

not paying the claimed amount, or the scheduled amount, in full (whichever is applicable).

(4)

The matters referred to in subsection (3)(a) and (b) must—

(a)

be in writing; and

(b)

be in the prescribed form (if any).

• Darren T
    edited July 2019

Yes, I do realise it is a NZ act and this is New Zealand where I am which you may not have realized. Reckon is sold and used here too, just like petrol, cars etc.

To come back to the original subject, there is still a requirement for T&Cs to be added to the invoicing system of Reckon by a multitude of users of the system.

• Darren T
    edited July 2019

Shame Reckons clients/users cannot contact the programmers directly to make suggestions to Improve the system. 
  • Pilotboy84
    Pilotboy84 Member Posts: 5

Doesn't work when they don't actually listen to the suggestions. I'm in this boat also. I need to add my terms and conditions to the reverse side of my invoices, as clients are required to have been given these.

• Pilotboy84

Again, doesn't work when you have to email these invoices off to clients. I'm not printing and sending invoices off in the mail, have you seen our postal system and the delays as of late?

• Pilotboy84

One, I'm not in trouble at all. Just expected an $800.00 per year piece of software to be able to add a page to an invoice

Two. Requiring it to be attached adds a failure point. To Err is human.

Three. Do you work for Reckon? I mean if you did I'd kind of understand the reason for the sarcasm.

• Pilotboy84

So I take that as a "No I don't speak on behalf of the software developer". Gotcha.

I'll take my question to Reckon directly then. Thanks