Invoicing - Using Items without amounts showing in columns or inserting auto text for description

jen_7026798
jen_7026798 Member Posts: 5
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hello, if someone knows the best way to get around this please… Customising within the Invoice description: I have created several “Items” within the dropdown box, but, with that creates a figure within the correlating columns, of $0.00. I then have to remove this, so its not useful. Im looking for the best way to insert or use keywords directly within Reckon Hosted…I have used cut and paste from word, only works in explorer browser now for some reason, but explorer dosent let you print the pdf from your printer!? Only in chrome, but that dosent let you cut and paste from clipboard…oh.... that’s 3 problems…any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Jen.  From earlier posts on this subject, it seems that the "normal" copy and paste only works when using Internet Explorer.
    I have just done some experimenting and found that the following process works when using Chrome and the result does not cause any zero to appear in the amount column.
    1.  Copy the required text from your word document.
    2.  Open the clipboard from the floating toolbar on your Hosted destop
    3.  Press ctrl+v to paste in the Hosted clipboard in 2 above.
    4.  Within that same clipboard box, there is a "copy" button.  Click on it.
    5.  Then go to your Hosted Invoice and press ctrl+v (position your cursor to where you want to insert the text) and hopefully you will find that this works.

If this still doesn't work for you, the only other option I have for you would be to create your invoices using Hosted under the Explorer browser, then transferring over to the Chrome browser to do your printing.  Whilst not a very efficient process, it may save a lot of frustration.
    John L G
  • jen_7026798
    edited June 2017

Hi John, Thanks for your time. I will have a go with that and I agree, having to move to a different browser to print is just not efficient. Reading the forum it seems that I cannot use the item column as a default for my text without causing $0.00 in the columns and having to go in and delete it. id certainly be happy to hear if anyone else has experimented with this.

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Yes Cosmic inv app provides the facility to enter description without attaching to an item and no zeros This description comes inside on top of invoice box

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• jen_7026798
    edited June 2017

Hello Chandra, thankyou. can you post a sample, I am not sure what you mean by "on top of" invoice box.

• jen_7026798
    edited June 2017

thanks John,

yes it does cut and paste that way and that's great if we use the same text for every one, but we don't. we have about 8 versions. so the clipboard needs renewing each time. is there any way around this that you know of?

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Please call me on 0407068942, so that i can get you  demo logins to try

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Hi Jen.  I found the process as simple as just hitting the delete button when you next open the clipboard and then pasting the text (having copied it before getting to this point) by following the same process as the initial paste.
    John L G