Is it possible to create a report that show where Customer details have changed as by a particular d

Options
Adam Gilbee
Adam Gilbee Member Posts: 31
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Adam - this used to show at the bottom of the audit trail in older versions (back in the QuickBooks 07/08 days) but it doesn't show up now... although the Audit trail is much much better than it was in 07/08 and more usable for transaction change searching... but it must have been at the expense of the Name change tracking data... so I think the answer is probably no?   unless the change was to the actual customer name?  this would actually show in the audit trail... as you would have the date that transactions had the original name then an audit trail entry for when the name was changed (with the name appear in Bold to indicate a change) - but you wont get this for address or contact details changes...
  • Adam Gilbee
    Adam Gilbee Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Linda.  What I want to specifically do is come up with a list of the bank account details of our suppliers that have recently been changed.  I cant seem to find a way to even print out current bank details of suppliers

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Adam - if you go to File - Utilities - Export - IIF files and choose Supplier list - then you will find the bank details in here once you download this file from Hosted and open it in Excel... way out on the right hand side..    I have also been able to check and confirm that if you run an audit trail - and select the columns for Bank, Account Name, Branch Code, Account Number, Lodgement Ref - then filter your report for Bill Cheques - then if the payment was processed using an ABA file (Online Payment) - you will see the bank data that was used... - this may assist too?  Cheers Linda
  • Linda ABC
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi Adam - I have stumbled across a report today, remembered your question and I think this will help you!  This may seem weird but bear with me!

1.  Go to Reports - Employees & Payroll - Statement of Payments

2. Now go to Modify Report - then Filters - now change the Transaction Type from Pay Cheque to Bill Cheque 

3. You can now also go back to the Display tab - and deselect any of the payroll columns you like (but I kept Sent On & Payment Date) and add columns that relate to Suppliers - such as Branch Code, Account Number, Lodgement Ref, Amount..

4. You can now click OK and go back to the report - you can set the dates etc and you will see the bank details and lodgement reference for each payment (only shows where Online Payment file is used) - I did a test where I changed the bank details and lodgement reference and processed a payment and the report shows the different details for each transaction...

5. Make sure you memorise this report for future use.

Hopefully this helps you to get what you need?

Cheers
    Linda