Is it possible to link two Software ID's together

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
Hi, 
My husband and I have both downloaded the Reckon STP App on our phones under the same ABN Number. It has provided us with two software ID numbers. I process the pay on my phone but my husband would like to see on his phone as well. Is it possible to link two software ID's together and view on the iPhone?
Photo of Shannon Muchna

Shannon Muchna

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Shannon,
The free app is designed for single use only, so once the ABN is registered on the app its linked to that particular account's login.

My husband and I have both downloaded the Reckon STP App on our phones under the same ABN Number. It has provided us with two software ID numbers.
Just on the above, I'm assuming that while it may have been the same ABN registered, you each used a different GST branch number to register the ABN on the app?
Registering the same ABN on two different app accounts isn't possible unless they have different branch numbers so please ensure that you're submitting your pay data on the app account which has the correct branch number for your business.
Photo of Shannon Muchna

Shannon Muchna

Hi Rav,
Thank you for your reply. I have found the GST branch number and updated on my app :-)
(Edited)
Photo of Shannon Muchna

Shannon Muchna

Hi Rav,

I have found the GST branch number on paperwork which was just 001. I entered this into the app. Now when I try and submit my first pay run it comes up with the error 'Invalid Company Information provided. Please check your ABN/WPN, Company Name and Branch number match those set in Reckon GovConnect Single Touch Payroll for your company.'

I have gone onto Reckon GovConnect Portal and signed in with my login details that I used for the app. When I go into the Company & Advisor Info the Company Name and the ABN is the same as what is on the app as well as the Branch Number.

The one thing I notice that is different is the Software ID number is different to what is on my phone app. I have advised the ATO of the Software ID on my phone app.

Can you please advise why I can't submit this pay through the app??