Jacki Dwyer
Jacki Dwyer Member Posts: 5
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I would like to have 2 company files opened at the same time

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Well actually there is a way, provided you have two separate logins.  I can do this because I have a licence in my own name and also have a licence with another entity where I am the major user.  I share other companies with my own licence.

John L G

• Jacki Dwyer
    Jacki Dwyer Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2018
    thank you - I do only have one licence - do you think this is going to be a possibility in the near future. Earlier this year, after an upgrade - it was actually possible! But there were issues with the printing etc and I guess they reverted back to the settings prior to the upgrade. 
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    I agree with John - if you have 2 Hosted licenses or can get access to 2 hosted licenses - then you can run concurrent hosted sessions with different company files open - I do this all the time.  Its one benefit of Hosted over Desktop.  Its an individual choice as to how many licenses you wish to purchase.  I often recommend to clients that they only purchase as many Hosted licenses as they really need to have users accessing at the same time - which means that often businesses can save money by purchasing less than they would have needed in the Desktop environment.  From a technology point of view - I can understand why the login details can only be used in one instance at a time.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Very interesting Jacki - I was not aware of that.  Perhaps if they ever get those problems sorted out which caused the upgrade earlier this year to be "aborted", we may see it again.

John L G

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Curious about that Kev, are those other offerings that you've referenced based on the same type of infrastructure as Hosted? ie. Virtual Terminal Server

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.