Is reckon accounts premier 2019 suitable for STP

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
I received an email saying I had to upgrade to Payroll premier for STP from Reckon Accounts Premier 2019.
Reckon Accounts Premier appears to have all that is needed for STP but so far all of my pays submitted are showing as pending

Photo of Phil Dodds

Phil Dodds

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Sarah Johnston

Sarah Johnston

• 632 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
HI Phil,  There is a problem with Reckon in regard to the STP uploads in the portal.  I use Reckon hosted and have spoken to the ATO as well as Reckon and was advised by the ATO that the issue is on Reckon's side.  Just because it is saying "Pending" doesn't mean that the ATO has not received the file.  Some of mine are saying Pending as well as ERROR but they have been received by the ATO as correct.  You might want to ring the ATO and just check that they have all the files.  Reckon is working on getting it fixed (but i haven't had an update on when)  Hope that helps. Thanks Sarah
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm a little concerned at your comment.
To make it clear, there are no issues or problems with Reckon software and our transmission to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll pay events whatsoever.

Error statuses relate to something specific and in most cases due to setup or something within the pay event file that is not in the correct format.
Our STP team in particular would be extremely keen to follow up on this conversation with the ATO and what 'problem' was being referenced by who you spoke with.
Photo of Sarah Johnston

Sarah Johnston

• 632 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
HI Rav,  I have spoken to the help desk in Reckon (which i have a reference #) as well as the ATO.  I have been advised by the ATO as well as Reckon helpdesk that there was an issue and it is being fixed at the moment.  I have some that say "error" as well as "pending" and they have been reported correctly to the ATO.  Thanks Sarah
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Sarah,
Can I have the reference number from your support call please.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Phil,
Reckon Accounts Premier 2019 is perfectly fine and fully compliant for Single Touch Payroll.

If you have pay events that are in Pending status in GovConnect, click on the 'Detail' link on that respective pay event and check out the status message from the ATO at the top of the page inside the event itself.
Once you do this, the list screen will update to show the relevant status of Success, Error or remain in Pending if it hasn't been processed as yet.

There's more info here on how the status messages work in GovConnect -
STP submission status messages in GovConnect

Photo of Phil Dodds

Phil Dodds

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The scary part of this is that the email stating that my software wasn't compliant and I had to upgrade to payroll premier came from customerservice@hello.reckon.com
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 85,836 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Phil,
Have you only just upgraded to Reckon Accounts Premier 2019? ie. were you using an older version of Reckon software prior to this?

I can only guess at this stage but I'm thinking that you might have been sent that if you were using a version of software older than 2018 (which was the first edition compliant with STP).

Could you forward me that email to community@reckon.com?
Photo of Tony West

Tony West

• 62 Points
Hi to everyone.
I am using Reckon Accounts Premier 2019 R1P Desktop and I also received an email saying I would have to upgrade Payroll Premier. (Paragraph from email below)

The confusing part of this message is the fact that I have been processing STP since July 2018. Like Phil I also asked for clarification but to date have not had a response.
Rav could you please confirm my current Accounts Premier will still work with STP come July 1st?
Cheers Tony.

Important Notice: The Payroll Premier software you are currently using is not compliant with the Australian Tax Office. Single Touch Payroll is compulsory from 1 July 2019 for all employers in Australia with 1 or more employees and with just 2 weeks to go, it is vital that you upgrade to our current ATO compliant payroll software. Don't get caught out and fined by the ATO.

Upgrade now to the latest version of Payroll Premier to ensure you're compliant with the new ATO legislation.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 85,836 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It looks like we might be potentially sending these emails to some users who don't require it.
Tony, if you've still got that email can you forward it to me at community@reckon.com along with your Customer ID so I get the team to match it up.

To answer your question, yes Reckon Accounts Premier 2019 is fully compliant with Single Touch Payroll.