Is the Reckon STP Mobile App compatible with Reckon One Payroll?

David Priest
David Priest Member Posts: 7
edited October 2019 in Reckon One
Can I use the Android version of the Reckon STP app to do a Payroll Run to combine with my Reckon One Payroll file? Or is the App stand-alone?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Hi David,
    The micro-business STP app is standalone from Reckon One Payroll. 
    Its specifically for businesses with 1-4 employees only who only need the bare basic requirements for STP reporting and not any of the more intermediate or advanced payroll functions.

Reckon One Payroll on the other hand provides far more functionality and features including; creating pay runs, payslips, unlimited employees, reporting, STP and more. 
    More info - https://www.reckon.com/au/payroll-software/

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• David Priest
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for the instant response Rav, that answers the question! I had hoped to use the App when on the road, but as I can't use both, I'll continue with the more fully featured Reckon One.
  • David Priest
    edited September 2019
    I am a micro employer and sometimes need to complete a pay run whilst on the road.
    I have tried using Reckon One for payroll on my Nokia 7 Plus Android One phone. I successfully completed one pay run using the Desktop Site view. However it was very difficult and tedious due to small size of the text and fields. Zooming in was clunky. Is there any chance of optimising Reckon One for Mobile Phone use?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Sure is David, in fact that is what we're working on right now and hope to have out very soon.

We're reworking our mobile offerings with Reckon One starting off with the payroll side of things which will enhance your experience and make it easier to get things done on your mobile. I don't have specifics on a timeframe for this just yet but we're aiming for before the end of the year so stay tuned.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• David Priest
    edited September 2019
    Thanks Rav, I look forward to the announcement.
  • Suraj Shrestha
    Suraj Shrestha Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2019
    I am micro employer using Reckon STP mobile app. We started pay runs on the app from May 2019 on a monthly basis. They were all submitted to ATO and approved. Software ID has been registered with ATO too.

Recently I got an email from ATO stating we are to finalise my employees' 2018-19 end of year payroll information. They have not received last financial year STP reports. Under employees< pay summary, it only shows for current financial year. 

Is there anyway we could do to finalise this through the app? We are unable to find any options to do it through app. Being standalone app, we guess we won't be able to process it through Reckon portal as well.