Is there a maximum number of shares you can have in Reckon Personal Plus?

David M
David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
The last stocks on my list - ZIP being it, have stopped updating on a daily basis. Problem since November, and now neither any Z's, y's or X's are updating.
Is there a maximum number of stocks allowed, or is it another problem.
Frustrating to have to update them manually.

Comments

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited February 2020

Rav,

This is a question that Reckon should be able to answer !

Can we get a reply for the support we pay for ?

My database has 193 company codes, with 50 company codes being updated from the ASX downloads. My .qph files is about 19 MBytes, although the addressing capacity is for 2 GBytes.
    I am not aware of any limit for active company codes that can be updated by the auto-update, but it should be much bigger than 50.

You could open the One Step Update Settings, then select "Select quotes" to confirm if any of the missing codes are not selected.
  • David M
    edited February 2020
    My file has 422 company codes of which 261 were updated today. All the company's were selected to update, including those at the end of  the alphabet, that now do not update
  • David M
    edited February 2020
    Hi Diver Dave

My thoughts were that it was the number of companies listed that was critical, and so when you suggested I should deselect some from the update list, I was sceptical to say the least.
    Imagine my surprise when I deselected all companies starting with "A" and "B", and  now all the companies at the end of the list are now fully updated.
    Whhooppee.
    Now I have a work around, to continue updating my entire list of companies.
    The only remaining question is.. will Rav tell us what the maximum number is, before my empirical trials - of which I can only do one each day - gets me there first.
    Thanks for your assistance

• David M
    edited February 2020
    Hi Dave
    To clarify. I keep adding stocks to my list as I get interested in them, and more often then not invest in them. I have found it valuable to continue to monitor them even after their sale, as given I now understand them, I often find opportunities to get back into the stock.

As a result of this process, my list of equities slowly, or not so slowly, grows. 

So yes, I used to be able to update my entire list - but only when it was shorter. Now that it has passed the magic maximum number, I have a problem.

I now estimate the maximum number is about 200 active stocks.

On of the advantages of RPP for me, is being able to look at my entire investment portfolio in a single file, in a single view. So splitting the file into two, would make it operate physically faster, but would cost me too much in insights - for my way of working.

I will work out what the actual maximum number of stocks that can be updated is, for everyone's general interest, unless Rav tells us first. But my problem does not suggest anything has recently changed.
  • David M
    edited February 2020
    I have now increased the number of stocks I update each day, and am back up to 267.
    Not sure why it allows me to do that now, when it would not before.
    But before the file was much slower, so something was at play.
    ?
  • David M

Hi RAV

Did you ever answer this question?