Is there a process to create invoices from a list of time and expenses in QB Premier?

Options
Paul_8195835
Paul_8195835 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Premier 2016 (trial)

Our company file has many customer jobs of which not all are used every month.  We use timesheets to invoice time charges for work done on jobs each month.  We currently need to find out which jobs were worked in the month to be able to create the invoice for that job.  Is there a process to create invoices from the timesheets without needing to know which jobs had time worked for the month?

Comments

• Kay Laws Accredited
    Kay Laws Accredited Member Posts: 72
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Yes you can do this.

Firstly you will need to turn on Time Tracking Edit > Preferences > Time Tracking

Select Company Preferences
    Select Yes for do you track time
    Select the day for the 1st day of your week

Once you have turned on you time tracking you will be able to allocate hours using Timesheets against you customers / jobs.
    You can select if the hours are to be billable, you can then bring any billable hours though to invoices for your clients.

To Do this go to Employees > Enter Time > use weekly timesheets

Happy to talk you through the process in more detail if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards
    Kay
    Reckon Accredited Partner

kay@kmlbookkeeping.com.au 
  • Paul_8195835
    Paul_8195835 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have done this and can can successfully add the billable time to an invoice.  My question is how can I know which customers/jobs have time to be billed.  We automatically the import the billable time so currently we have to find which customers/jobs have time and then we can create the invoices, one by one.  I would like to be able run a process which creates invoices from a list of customers with billable time.