Is there a setting so the company file defaults to multi user?

Vanessa Hales
Vanessa Hales Member Posts: 5
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Reckon accounts hosted edition 2015, often starts up in single user mode. There is no problem changing it over to multi user, but sometimes I have to ask everyone to check if they are in single user mode, and ask them to change.  This can take a while, we have a few users.  Is there a setting that will make Reckon hosted open in multi user as default?

Comments

• Priscilla_Ognenis
    Priscilla_Ognenis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hi, we use multi-user every day,  It always opens in multi user as default unless someone has physically changed it to single user mode & forgotten to change it back.  They should be asking you if they can use single user before they change it and affect everyone else trying to access the accounts. 
  • Vanessa Hales
    Vanessa Hales Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2015
    Yes, I have a user who changes to single user quite often, and doesn't change it back.  But there are also users who don't realise that they are now in single mode... so I have to go and personally check until I find them, and then change them to multi user.  It's very frustrating!!
  • Priscilla_Ognenis
    edited January 2017
    Yes I agree.  I guess the tech guys will tell you, but my guess is it's a physical change on the computer that has been using single user and forgotten to change it back.  We only have 2 users but frequently 3 of us trying to use 2 at the same time is just as bad as someone is always logging one off :)
  • Shannon Sciuto
    Shannon Sciuto Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2018
    Unfortunately, you'll have to train that naughty staff member (its usually me in our office!) to switch it back to single user mode when they're done.  

Try something fun like making them wear a silly hat every time they do it.  
  • Priscilla_Ognenis
    edited January 2017
    Haha, thought it might be something like that.....good idea, maybe make it hurt a little at the hip pocket like making them pay into a jar (for a round of drinks or coffee etc).
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    All above are correct, the program will remember, if it closed in single user it will open in single user, however, usually it tells you who is logged in, when it warns you that someone else is using the file. Which should make it easy to find the culprit.

Perhaps if you make it a procedure that when they login they check, or before they log out they check.