Is there a way to convert data to a generic (known) format

st_6872571
st_6872571 Member Posts: 79
edited September 2019 in Personal Plus and Home & Business
I have many years of Reckon Personal Accounts data (including shares) that I would like to convert to a generic format.   Is this possible?   Once in a generic (known) format I can then deal with the raw data.

My reason is that I have subsequently written (nearly finished) my own personal accounts program and would like to import my existing data.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Steven,

From what I understand, exporting data is not possible, you can however generate reports and export them in .csv format 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019

When in Reckon Personal, if you click on CTRL + SHIFT + Z you will then have a new menu in FILE > EXPORT where you can export a QIF file.

Regards, Robyn Kelly

• st_6872571
    edited May 2016
    Thank's Robyn, I try this when I get home.   
  • Chris Appleby
    Chris Appleby Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2016
    In Accounts personal plus 2015 that item is already in the FILE > EXPORT menu I think.
  • Chris Appleby
    Chris Appleby Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2016
    But it won't give you price histories.
  • st_6872571
    edited May 2016
    Again, thanks Robyn, that did the trick.   For me to further manipulate the data, it requires a bit of fiddling as you can only export to QIF per account.   At least now I can manipulate the data.

As regards Price Histories, it appears they're included as well, as I clearly saw past dates of stocks and their prices.   What it didn't include was  the associated volume, open, high and low price. 

In my copy of Reckon 2016 (personal) the only options under Export were Addresses and Desktop Super.   Ctrl Shift Z added the QIF menu item. 
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Chris I think you'll find this changed from version 2008 onwards that the QIF export doesn't appear automatically.

ALSO, if you go to the price history for each share - you can then print and click on the EXPORT TO:  tab-delimited (Excel compatible) disk file.

This will then export price history for that share to .txt format.  You can then right click once saving the file & open in excel.

You will need to repeat for each share.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Robyn Kelly

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited December 2016

Steven - not sure if you saw above reply we must have been typing at the same time :-)

• st_6872571
    edited May 2016
    Robyn, yes, I hit the submit button 10 seconds before you.   Read your reply and makes sense.

• st_6872571
    edited June 2018
    For those interested, I googled, "Anatomy of QIF" and came across this site: https://goo.gl/9yzplg.   It's what I'll be referring to  in order to manipulate the data (I'll have to match up all the transactions from many separate QIF files) before importing into my system. 
  • Live4life
    Live4life Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2018
    Steven and Robyn,
    Thanks for your CTRL + SHIFT + Z and https://goo.gl/9yzplg information. I now have a possible escape  -  having used Quicken/Reckon since 1992.
    I look forward to reading more of your journey Steven, if you are willing and/or able to share it.
  • st_6872571
    edited May 2016
    No problems and I'm more than willing to share my experience as conversion progresses but, I am mindful that this is probably not the right forum to delve into the nitty gritty of the details.   Check my profile if you want to touch base.
  • Lish
    Lish Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2019
    I too am trying to export to a QIF file, I have upgraded from 2009 to 2015, but the CTRL+SHIFT+Z isn't working for me. Any suggestions?
  • st_6872571
    edited January 2017
    Hi Lish, I'm not sure if Reckon would pick up on your comment in this thread.   It may be better to create a new thread purposely asking Reckon why CTRL-SHIFT-Z doesn't work.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited January 2017
    What product are you using please Lish?