Is there a way to do a sales by item summary report on Group names/numbers?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Photo of Ben Laycock

Ben Laycock

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,050 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ben,

I've had a look through but I don't believe there is an option for this for particular configuration.

Could you give us some more detail on the specifics of what you're needing from the report?

Cheers
Rav
(Edited)
Photo of Ben Laycock

Ben Laycock

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,

In this first attached image this is what I use group codes for. I group 2-3 SKU's together to make a group code. The trouble I have is when I try to report on how many of these group codes I have sold for the month it returns a value of 0 in the " Sales By Item Summary" report ( Second attachment ). Is there a way to see how many units in group form I have sold for a particular period. 
Photo of Robyn Poldmaa

Robyn Poldmaa

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I also have this problem, have you found a resolution for this?
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have enquired about this before too and been told there is no group reporting whatsoever in Reckon.  Rather disappointing!
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

I have used a work around for this Robyn by creating a "dummy" item within the group.

So say in Ben's example above, I would create an "Inventory Part" called "SINGLE TIER CABLE BASKET KIT - 2 GPO - 1250mm W - White", and include this in the group.

Don't enter any pricing or other unrequired fields, this item simply exits to count the quantity sold over time.

I would be interested if there is a better solution out there!
Hi Ben

Is there a reason why you haven't set these up as "Inventory Assembly" Items, rather than "Groups" ?
Groups are just a way of entering multiple Items quickly, whereas Inventory Assemblies track the individual components within it.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

I can't answer for Ben, but there are 2 reasons we are using groups for a few items in particular...

Firstly because the quantities of the components that make up the group can vary - The same product could be varying size which therefore uses a different quantity of raw materials.  Or there are extra "optional" components within the group that are not always used.

Secondly we want just a single line on the invoice for the product rather than the customer seeing the breakdown of the components.

Groups is the only way to achieve this while allowing the individual components to be edited at the time of creating the invoice.

We use Inventory Assemblys for most of our other "fixed" products.