Is there a way to set a reminder for STP

NarellePaterson
NarellePaterson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Is there a way to set a reminder for STP I know it's early days but I have on 2 occasions almost forgot to lodge the STP it relies on personal memory I am wondering if an automatic reminder or something could be put into programe so we don't or can't forget.

Comments

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    LOL. Wow.
  • Debbie_9161664
    Debbie_9161664 Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2020
    Try to remember 10 things and add this one to your list ... or add it into the email calendar, or a reminder on your iPad, iPhone .. or a good ole fashion post it note on your monitor maybe  ... 
    Good luck
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    I have not been lodging them every week, partly because the client has been forgetting, so I have not lodged each week and so when I lodge the latest one and skip the few he has missed the YTD totals are all correct as the STP file includes YTD figures.. I know this is how it’s designed to work, just don’t know if it’s mandatory to lodge each week, I am still learning
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    However in Hosted there are reminders that you turn on in preferences, and one of the things you can be reminded of are memorised transactions, so it would be easy to set up a dummy memorised transaction called STP
  • Debbie_9161664
    Debbie_9161664 Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2020
    Yep, just had a look and reminders can be added into your customised icon bar ...
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Hi Kris,
    From what I understand, the ATO has mandated that STP submissions are to be made on the date paid or before of each payrun. I think there is a leniency period at the moment with everyone coming on board & learning the new processes but I'd recommend getting into the habit of submitting regularly/as required now.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• NarellePaterson
    edited August 2019
    Post it note is already there it didn't help lol

• NarellePaterson
    edited August 2019
    Yep maybe i really meant should the program automatically prompt you after payroll is done to lodge stp, anyway I quess I will just have to hope it becomes a habit..just part of the whole payroll process. I still wonder why ATO called it single touch payroll ?  nothing single touch about it really .