Issue emailing invoices from Premier Edition 2016

Options
Brad Christie
Brad Christie Member Posts: 5
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi

We are running Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2016 Release R1P on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with Remote Desktop Services role installed, also installed Outlook 2010.

The issue we are having is when you email an invoice we get two pop-ups, one [Crash Com Error] and the other [Server Busy This action cannot be completed because the “subject of email” program is not responding. Choose “Switch To” and correct the problem].

If you click OK to the [Crash Com Error] the [Crash Com Error] appears again, click it a second time and Reckon closes. If you click the Switch To on the [Server Busy..] pop-up the Start menu opens. Whichever way you go the email appears in the Sent Items folder of Outlook, and as long as you don’t click OK to the [Crash Com Error], Reckon will not close until you do.

The above happens with Outlook running before you start Reckon Accounts, If Outlook is not running or you start Outlook after Reckon Accounts you get a slightly different result. You don’t get the [Crash Com Error] pop-up, just the [Server Busy…] pop-up.

Testing has been performed under a user account with full admin rights. No errors or warnings appear in the Windows event logs.

On another matter, has anyone been able to get emailing working using a local Exchange Server?

Thanks for any help.

image?image

Comments

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    May have something to do with MIcrosoft Core XML Services, I'd suggest installing them or reinstalling them.
  • Brad Christie
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Tim

The server currently has installed MSXML 6.0 SP3 and MSXML 3.0 SP11

The link you have given is for MSXML 4.0 SP2. Do need that installed?
    I see on this site there is MSXML 4.0 SP3 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/973686
  • Spilly
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • Brad Christie
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Tim

The server does have MSXML 4.0 SP2 installed, I didn’t think to look in syswow64 folder.

I ran regsvr32 msxml3.dll and regsvr32 msxml4.dll and both succeeded.

Do I need to update MSXML 4.0 to SP3?
  • Spilly
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Depends if it made any difference, I honestly haven't seen this issue for sometime, after doing what's in the KB is the error still occurring?

Are you running Outlook 32bit or 64bit?
  • Spilly
    edited August 2020
    Options
    The 'server busy' really shouldn't come up it's related to outlook not RA, so I'd try to resolve that 1st, disable antivirus, plugins in outlook, even try a clean boot. Check event viewer for errors.
  • Brad Christie
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi Tim

Error still occurs after following the KB article.

We are running 32bit Outlook.

I have tested disabling antivirus (ESET) all Outlook plugins and done a clean boot, same result.

Nothing in the event logos except some SharePoint issues.

• Spilly
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Are you using imap or smtp setup in outlook? If your using imap setup a smtp account for testing, set it to default account test an email, server busy dialog is caused by a program trying access network connection prior to it being ready. Which program is what you need to find and fix the issue, how are the default internet access setup (proxies, via firewalls etc..)
  • Brad Christie
    edited May 2016
    Options
    We have our own internal Exchange 2013 Server and Outlook clients connect to that.

Our network domain setup is Windows Server 2012 Essentials (AD, DHCP & DNS), Windows Server 2012 with Exchange 2013 and Windows Server 2008 with Remote Desktop Services.
  • Spilly
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I would still be testing a smtp (not link to exchange server) account setup in outlook, then test it, it may narrow down the issue.
  • Spilly
    edited August 2020
    Options
    The error 'server busy' has been in previous RA versions, you may need to go down the path of (Anonymous) External Relay (By default it allows internal) on the exchange server lock it down to the RDS Server only (untested option) but the new email options in RA (SMTP Sever etc) may allow it.