Issue importing invoices to Reckon Accounts Hosted

Options
Didier
Didier Member Posts: 11
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I'm trying to import an invoice in Reckon Hosted. I'm getting the following message:
"The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount on the top of the form.". What am I doing wrong here? image

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The split line amount should be -87.50 - this and the GST add up to the negative but same value as the AR amount of 96.25... basically all the numbers should equal zero.
  • Didier
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, Linda. Unfortunately that didn't work. I'm getting the same message. 
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    can you upload an image of the amended transaction please?

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Also - I would usually expect the TRNSTYPE to be TAX INVOICE (with a space) - not INVOICE
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I would also suggest removing the column EXTRA  and then removing the reference to AUTOSTAX - this may be affecting the import?
  • Didier
    edited June 2020
    Options
  • Didier
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Linda, here is an image of amended transaction. I will give your suggestions another try and will let you know the outcome shortly. So frustrating spending hours fiddling with this and getting nowhere!
  • Didier
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Still no luck :(
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    You havent changed the amount from my very first reply - underneath where the TRNS line says 96.25 - it should say -87.50 on the SPL line - so that this amount plus the -8.75 GST adds up to the total positive value of 96.25 - making the whole transaction 0.
  • Didier
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Legend. Thanks very much, Linda! Reckon Help notes are not that clear and often confusing.
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    well done..  glad you got it working.  :)