Issue with reckon online backup business 2013 on my new laptop running windows 8.1

Options
Marie_7259037
Marie_7259037 Member Posts: 5
edited December 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi all,
I have installed Reckon Business 2013 on my new windows 8.1 laptop, but I am unable to install Reckon online back up.. I get to the final stage of installation and then get a message saying cannot install on this computer because no program found to apply to. I have been successfully backing up to and restoring from Reckon online backup on 2 other computers for 2 years, one is operating on widows 7 and the other on windows 8.
I hope you can help me get this sorted.

Comments

• Marie_7259037
    Marie_7259037 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for your reply. As mentioned above, my new laptop is running on Windows 8.1. Looking in PC info, it simply says, "edition Windows 8.1". It doesn't say home version or otherwise.
    I have no problem using using Reckon online back up on the other 2 computers, (Windows 7 and Windows 8) both home edition.
    Also when I choose online back up on the new computer, I get directed to a site to download the back up tool, but after some time, it just times out. Therefore, I have copied the ReckonBackupToolSetup from the windows 7 computer to the 8.1 laptop and get almost to the last stage of installation when I get a message saying "There is a problem with the windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run".
    Surely if Business 2013 doesn't like Windows 8.1, Reckon will find a solution to this, because just about every laptop sold at the moment runs on Windows 8.1.
    I do run Business 2013 in compatibility mode and use as administrator.
    Surely Reckon aren't going to tell me "tough luck you can't back up online anymore".