Item receipt date Vs Bill Date

Carrie_7009426
Carrie_7009426 Member Posts: 67
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
It would be immensely useful to be able to record the date of the item receipt separately to the Bill date.  In many cases, we are billed for items that we do not receive for up to 4 weeks later.  We need to keep both the date of the invoice (to match the supplier re payment terms) but also record the date that items were received into stock.
Any thoughts anyone? I am using Accounts Premier Manufacturing and Wholesale 2015 (soon to upgrade to 2016)

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    You could receive the inventory as it arrives and not enter the bill until it is all received. This will give you the receipt date for the items.
    I never enter the bills until the stock is received, otherwise it might be paid without all of the stock being received into store.
  • Carrie_7009426
    Carrie_7009426 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2019
    I agree with you regarding not entering bills until after the stock is received, however once the stock is received and we input the bill against the item receipt, we can only store one date and that needs to be Invoice date so that payment terms correctly calculate the due date.  We are not able to record when the stock was actually received....
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    This is a really good point and should be addressed to Reckon.
  • Penne Milloy
    Penne Milloy Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2016
    If you go into customize columns you can add Date Purchased in the item list. Not sure how many lines you have or how you buy your stock . But it can be done and you could go back as far as you need to,  to add the date purchased. We work in shipping so I just go by when the containers get here.
  • DebonAir
    edited November 2017
    I have not noticed before now that when entering Bills you can only select one Item Receipt per bill. This should allow you to select more than one receipt, as it does with PO's. 
    This would be very difficult when the stock arrives over a period of time with one bill being received. 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Some great discussion and a very good idea that you've raised here Carrie,

I don't believe the program has the functionality that you've outlined at this stage but something for us to consider in the future.

Can you use Purchase Orders for this situation? Ie. when the bill arrives without stock, mark your purchase order that the bill has arrived on the respective date?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Cara_7463326
    Cara_7463326 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2018
    Has there been any update on this issue?  We need to close off reporting on a monthly basis, so posting a bill against an item receipt is causing issues in our figures for EOM.  If there's a way to record stock received and the actual bill separately (different dates) please let me know.