How to create an Item Location Field - Reckon Accounts

craig_6828989
craig_6828989 Member Posts: 10
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Is there a location field for items (using Accounts Premier).  In the iif example file we were given it was one of the headers, but I don't see it anywhere in the program.

Surely you haven't made an inventory system with no idea of where the item is on the shelf?

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey,

Welcome to the Reckon Community and thank you for your question.

Reckon Accounts does not have an inbuilt location heading for an item. One can be created though.

You can set 'Custom Fields' on items by following the diagram below.

Note: You can set as many labels as you require, and name them as you wish.

If you are using POS you would then change the fields 3 to this:

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Mirko

• LadyofOZ
    LadyofOZ Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    Can I bump this up please. The items list does have a "LOCATION" column however there is nowhere that can be found in the items to be able to input into this column so therefore it is blank for every item. The "CUSTOM DEFINE FIELDS" unfortunately does not show up on the items to prompt someone putting in a new code to remember to put in the location custom field. Then there is the problem that the Stocktake Worksheet does not allow for any custom fields (or any other modifications for that matter) to be put on the worksheet. Which means one can't sort by location when one has several sites that stock is being held. Is this going to be addressed? Or is there another way around this?
  • Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Unnamed Poster and Lyndi,

If your inventory management requirements are more than what the simply built-in inventory feature can handle, a third-party add-on such as Fishbowl may help.

The LOCATION column in the Item list and the IIF header example are likely relate to the items of type "FIXED ASSET ITEMS".

-IM

• ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2014
    I totally agree with Ingio Re the Location column,

I just did a export item list file and yep sure enough there was the column you mention Lyndi, and it was empty.

So I created a Fixed asset item and exported again, this time on one line, this column had the information i had entered for the fixed asset.  

(and before you ask,nope that was not what I paid I was wish full thinking... lol)

Cheers

Angie Carlyle
  • ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited May 2016
    But on that note of stock Location...... Would love that feature to be added.... Sorry for my ignorance but ... how hard to add a field which is possible to search by????  

This would make lots of people happy campers
  • LadyofOZ
    LadyofOZ Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    Thank you Inigo ..  I will look further into Fishbowl and it's features

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for your input and feedback guys, I'll shoot over your suggestions to Development to look in to. - Mirko.
  • Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Good luck Mirko. :)

-IM
  • Jeff Langtip_7169898
    Jeff Langtip_7169898 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2014
    Does anyone have any updates on the LOCATION thing yet? As noted by other users previously... it's there but how do I access it? I can add as seen here in the screen shot.. but it's a useless column that I can't access

HELP PLEASE

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

This feature of location, bin location and wharehousing has been shortcoming for long time. Intuits QuickBooks has it, I have found creating items on defined field is great , but sometimes we cant filter it, or display in the report. Options , we have is 3rd party tools, but then is the cost, I have tried to fiddle with Fishbowl, long time ago, it was complicated setup and expensive.

We have been looking at this area ourselves, developing a add on report tool , which can be affordable to the users. If Jeff wishes to discuss with us, I love to work out something. sometimes workaround band aid solution is not effective.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Jeff Langtip
    Jeff Langtip Member Posts: 26
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the reply... A band-aid solution is not great and Reckon should have this feature functioning in the hosted version.,... the all mighty bells and whistles version? Now I'm hearing that Quickbooks has that feature? All the ongoing issues and then there are more..... a workaround or more so the need to have a workaround is a tad bizarre. Mirko... You are trying we all know BUT is there anything coming from Reckon ?
  • Broni K Beerling
    Broni K Beerling Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2016
    this was over 2 years ago - when will this simple feature be added ?
  • Broni K Beerling
    Broni K Beerling Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2016
    ANY NEWS ON THIS ?
  • Jeff Langtip
    Jeff Langtip Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2017
    Location works ! If anyone is still trying, message back
  • Joelene Rice
    Joelene Rice Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2017
    Hi Jeff, I'm looking at this same problem today.  I'd love to hear how you have made this location field useable?
  • Catherine_7683476
    Catherine_7683476 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2017
    Hi! May I know how to have the location field? Thank you very much
  • Jeff Langtip_9027535
    Jeff Langtip_9027535 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2017
    Hi Guy's, QB do not make simple things like this, easy. Even the QB training people had no idea. Edit invoice, sales order, purchase order template columns and tick LOCATION, (print and/or screen) , Add LOCATION to the customise columns in ITEMS... from memory.. if does not work, message back
  • Sharon Erdrich
    Sharon Erdrich Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

Hey Jeff.. Six years later, I see this feature is still.. well, not a feature. While the location field can be added to those templates, and Location can be added to the Custom Fields, this does still no result in The "Location" column in ITEM LIST being populated with data entered.