item purchase descriptions are reduced to 50 characters when exporting to excel.

Options
Roger_6882466
Roger_6882466 Member Posts: 5
edited February 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi I am using Accounts 2013 Premier Manufacture and Wholesale. When I export my item list to Excel it will reduce the length of the purchase discription to only 50 characters. When I then import the file it will cut short the description and add some full stops. The sales description stays the correct length it is only the purchase description. Any suggestions.

Comments

• Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Roger,

Thank you for your post in our community.

I just replicated the same and it happens to me too. Unfortunately nothing can be done now. But I am passing this matter to our QA department to look into for future releases.

Thanks.

Ifti
  • Elle_9729434
    Elle_9729434 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello,

I am also having this issue with the notes field when exporting to excel. When exported into excel, the text string gets cut off after a certain amount of characters and three full stops/dots appear at the end of the string (...). How am I able to export the notes field in its entirety (by emailing the report as an excel file, not exporting it)?

Thanks,
    EM
  • Roger_6882466
    Roger_6882466 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi I don’t know why this was marked as solved as it never was. It is still the same in each bersion since I reported the problem. There is no longer any improvements to the desctop version othery than what needs to be done to keep up with legislation. Roger