JobKeeper fortnights and actual pay dates

Options
Janine Dickson
Janine Dickson Member Posts: 33 ✭✭

JobKeeper fortnights and actual pay dates  -  
 I am seeking confirmation that the dates in the Job Keeper Fortnights relate to actual PAID dates not periods worked.   We pay weekly for weeks ending on a Friday - Actual PAY (paid) day it the following Tuesday 

Would a Pay date of 31/3/2020 actually fall into the First Job Keeper Fortnight? even though it relates to worked dates for week ending 27/3/2020

If so I will need to do a further top up for some employees for that pay which I would do today as a special pay run
I have reported JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 on our last pay 28/4/2020 and submitted via STP so believe this will be fine

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Janine.  Based on what both Reckon and others have stated in this forum, the critical date is the payment date, not when the week or fortnight ended.  In your case, it would seem that the payment made on 31/3/2020 does attract the JobKeeper payment/topup.  The other point to bear in mind is this.  The final JobKeeper fortnight concludes on Sunday 27/9/2020 which means that for that week, the payment that you make on Tuesday 29/9/2020 is not eligible.  The other point to bear in mind that payments can only include a maximum of 26 weeks or 13 fortnights.
    John L G
  • Janine Dickson
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thankyou John  - I will do a special payment run for those requiring top up from 31/3/2020 and then we should comply with the minimum payment for FN01 - and thus still be eligible to claim jobkeeper for all employees in FN01 - glad I checked or we would have missed out.

Yes it makes sense that our final pay on 29/9/2020 won't be eligible
    many thanks
  • Janine Dickson
    edited July 2020
    Options

John - further to above can you please confirm that reporting JBOKEEPER-START-FN01 on the paydate 28/4/2020 (which is in the FN03 fortnight) will be ok or should I update an earlier paydate to report start FN - ie will ATO recognise our start date if it was reported on 28/4

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Janine.  Based on everything else that I have read, you now have up to 8th May to report the start date and make the payment.  As far as I am concerned, what you intend doing should be ok.  If somebody else does not agree, I feel certain that they will say so.  To add further weight to that, I am today doing an unscheduled pay for the payment for all employees under today's date (FN03) which shows a Start Date of FN01.
    John L G
  • Janine Dickson
    edited April 2020
    Options

thanks John