Job Keeper - Missed first Fortnight - Usually Pay Weekly - Can i Pay $3000 by April 27th and and

Arron Sterba-Choi
Arron Sterba-Choi Member Posts: 7
edited May 2020 in Reckon One
Hi there,

Sorry! I know it probably has been asked before. But since there was so much conflicting news about Job Keeper in the beginning of the month, we had decided to go on it near the end of the month (i will backpay employees $3000 before the end of April - covering the first missing FN)

FN01 30/03/20 - 12/04/20 - Missed
FN02 13/04/20 - 26/04/20 - Can I Put JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 in this pay run and pay them $3000 for the missing 1st fortnight

after this going forward in May - i will continue paying them weekly ($750) as a weekly payrun is the standard pay run for my business.

Does it matter that JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 starts in the 2nd fortnight payrun or do i have to go back and update my 1st fortnight payrun even though i didn't make any payments then?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Arron Sterba-Choi
    Arron Sterba-Choi Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Rav, Can i confirm this is what it is supposed to look like?  Example Employee Payslip

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Yes those JobKeeper items look just fine as you have them.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Missy
    Missy Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020
    if employees are paid weekly shouldn’t the back pay be paid in a lump sum over 4 payslips??? So each pay slip is $750 and taxed on that not almost $1000 in tax. Or atleast 2 lots of $1500 as stated on the website
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    As long as the correct amount of tax is paid on the 3000, The 931 is incorrect, you could have manually adjusted that - it should have been 384
  • Missy
    Missy Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020
    We got taxed on the $3000 and it was $970?? Is that because they paid it in one lump sum for the last week of April. Yet my sister in law got paid her lump sum paid in 4 payslips and was taxed $360.
    We normally get paid on a weekly cycle also I’m so confused with all of this and the ATO website doesn’t clarify this!