Jobkeeper and Paid Parental Leave

KellyH
KellyH Member Posts: 35
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted

I have a staff member that has been paid Jobkeeper for the two fortnights in May and will be taking two weeks paid parental and partner leave in the next fortnight.  Now I know he isn't entitled to jobkeeper whilst on parental leave but what Im wanting to know is do I end his jobkeeper entitlement in Reckon by using the jobkeeper end drop down for the fortnight he is on parental leave and then put him back on jobkeeper by using the drop down for FN06 as an example, when we comes back off parental leave.  Is this the correct process or is he not entitled to jobkeeper once he returns to work.  Im hoping someone else has this type of situation as I will have a second person taking parental leave over the next month aswell. Please help.

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi Kelly

Who is paying the parental leave?  If the government is then you are correct there will be no JK, but if the employer is paying parental leave from their own pocket then the employer can claim JK and the employee gets JK topup if the parental leave doesn't reach $1500 FN.

If it is gov. parental leave then you will have to use your FN finish & restart the JK.  Make sure you can start & finish on the FN if you can, if you start & finish part way through the FN you still have to pay the JK FN or you don't claim the 1 week of the FN.
  • KellyH
    edited June 2020

Yes the government will be paying the parental leave.  I will just be making up the difference in their wage from what they would normally get paid and the parental leave, so im just paying them the difference it that makes sense.  And yes it will be within the fortnight as it thought it would be too complicated to try and do it part way through
  • KellyH
    edited June 2020
    Yes the government will be paying the parental leave.  I will just be making up the difference in their wage from what they would normally get paid and the parental leave, so im just paying them the difference it that makes sense.  And yes it will be within the fortnight as it thought it would be too complicated to try and do it part way through
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Yes, if the employee is on Services SA Paid Parental leave during any part of a fortnight then they are not eligible for JK and you must include the JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FN0x and start again when they become eligible again.
    They are not eligible for a whole fortnight if paid PPL within that fortnight.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Correct Robyn.  Here is the actual wording from the ATO website:
    You are an eligible employee if you:
    were not in receipt of any of these payments during the JobKeeper fortnight:
    • government parental leave or Dad and partner pay under the Paid Parental Leave Act 2010
    You can find this information at the following web address:
    https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employees/eligible-employees/
    John L G

• KellyH
    edited June 2020

Thankyou everyone.  So it is totally fine to take them off Jobkeeper and then put them back on.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    As far as I am aware, for these reasons, yes it is Kelly.