Jobkeeper codes COVID 19 - will there be a special code we need to use? Will Reckon do an update t

Fiona Christoff
Fiona Christoff Member Posts: 10
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Jobkeeper codes COVID 19 - will there be a special code we need to use for Jobkeeper payments? Will Reckon do an update to include this before May 2020?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Hi Fiona,
    We're hoping to have more information on how to handle Jobkeeper payment reporting in our software this week after we finalise all the details with the ATO.

Hit the 'Follow' button on this post as further updates will be made there as soon as they're available - Jobkeeper payments & Reckon software

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    I assume that you are talking about GST codes and until we see the final directives from the ATO (who now have responsibility for the rules - having shifted from Treasury) we can't be certain. 
    For what it is worth I do not see the need for a new GST code, but I'm not writing the rules.

Irrespective of special codes I am planning on having new Boosting Cash Flow and JobKeeper related account lines and items if for no other reason that I can easily identify these items in my financial reports.