Sue Laksassi
Sue Laksassi Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
STP Update to JobKeeper FN Finish has not updtaed through to ATO

Comments

• Chris_7257105
    Chris_7257105 Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2020
    Did you nominate the fortnight the JobKeeper payment should finish? Eg JobKeeper Finish FN06
  • Sue Laksassi
    edited June 2020
    Hi
    Yes, I just updated my post with more detail but it has not saved :-(

When we paid the employee we paid one week (pay + AL) of FN03 and I entered JOBKEEPER FINISH FN03.
    When I checked the May declaration we were an employee short for JK payments for FN03.  
    I checked the threads on reckon and did an update to STP for the one employee with a  JOBKEEPER FINISH FN04 amendment with zero values.
    I have checked every day for a week and the number of employees has not changed. 
    Should I change the employee end date from 1/5 to 10/5 (end of the FN) or is it because the update went through with 0 values? 

• Kris Harris
    Kris Harris Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2020
    I don't think it will update for the May declaration. Call the ATO and lodge manually over the phone. I did this and only needed the number of employees and turnover amounts plus the ABN. Number is 132866 then dial 3 then dial 4. This will give you the STP team. Hopefully the update event will see that the June declaration is correct.

• Sue Laksassi
    edited June 2020
    Thanks.
     I did call the ATO this morning and they put it back to the Software supplier?
    It all depends on who you speak with!
    They did say that to go ahead with the May Declaration as is - make the adjustment and the additional $1,500 will be deposited when their system picks it up.
    Just trying to get it right!
  • Kerryn Weir_10683390
    Kerryn Weir_10683390 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020
    I rang the ATO and got a very helpful person who took my declaration over the phone. I had corrected the STP earlier in the week. I also found this explanation on another sight. Pity Reckon havent updated their example so it is corrected.
     To determine what fortnight you ceased paying an employee the JobKeeper payment, refer to the ATO's JobKeeper fortnight calendar displayed at the start of this article. Cross check the dates allocated to each fortnight with the date you stopped making the payment to the employee. Then select the fortnight period after to be the fortnight finish period. For example, if you last paid the employee the JobKeeper payment on the 8th of July (ie pay date was 8/7/20), this means the last payment was made in FN08. However, the employee is technically no longer eligible from the FN09 period. So select "JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FN09" and enter.

• Sue Laksassi
    edited June 2020
    Thanks.  Maybe I try calling again and see if I get your very helpful person.

• Kris Harris
    Kris Harris Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2020
    Just tell them you have submitted an update event but it has not adjusted the Jobkeeper declaration. Tell them you cannot make a declaration you know to be incorrect and would like to do it manually.
  • Sue Laksassi
    edited June 2020
    BINGO! Thanks All.

• E-Lan
    E-Lan Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Thanks so much for clarifying for us.  Just a question - when I first started to do the 'JK TOPUP' code each fortnight, I did not know I need to do a 'Start' code at the beginning.  I have been receiving the $ without any problem though.  So now, I know I need to do the 'Finish' code.  But do I need to just put a line for 'Start'?