Jobkeeper how to approach past weeks entitlements

Options
Barbara_9752659
Barbara_9752659 Member Posts: 26
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Are you able to tell us how to approach/ "fix" the payroll for the fortnight that has already passed?
We pay our staff weekly
Some staff will need the "top up".
  •   Do you go back and amend those payweeks? or do you have to do a new payrun with the top portion only?
  • Others will be entitled to the jobkeeper for past weeks for whihc they have not yet received any payments - so do we just do a payrun for them now with the "Jobkeeper Start FN01"

Comments

• Maria Paul
    Maria Paul Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2020
    Options
    following this one. i posted this yesterday but cant find my post now.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Barbara & Maria,
    If you've already sent through STP submissions for these payruns then you'll need to go back to your Reckon software and edit the payruns to include the correct JobKeeper pay items. You'll then need to create and send through an STP Update Event.

More info in our JobKeeper Help Guides below -
    Adding JobKeeper Allowance pay items in Reckon Accounts

Processing Jobkeeper payments in Reckon Accounts

Update Event

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Barbara_9752659
    Barbara_9752659 Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.... 
    I would also like to clarify, if the drop in revenue is happening from May can we go back and claim from 30/3 ? FN01 or are we limited from fortnight FN03
    And, we pay weekly, so is it ok if we submit $750 per week? 
  • Simon Hutchinson_7077598
    Simon Hutchinson_7077598 Alumni Posts: 24
    edited April 2020
    Options
    It is best to check with the ATO but the general rule is that the employees become eligible when the 30% revenue reduction occurs, so if this is not occuring until May it is likely the employees are not eligible until FN03

Please discuss with the ATO and/or your accountant for your individual needs. This is generalised advice.