JOBKEEPER PAYMENTS WITH RECKON ACCOUNTS & RECKON ACCOUNTS HOSTED

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Bridget Goodman_10583141
    Bridget Goodman_10583141 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020
    Hi Rav,
    I have a payroll of 70 employees, 40 of these are eligible for Jobkeeper. Unfortunately I had to process the payroll for the first jobkeeper period yesterday, and I've uploaded to STP. What do you suggest I do to rectify?
  • Robyn_7112869
    Robyn_7112869 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for that, Rav. I have three questions. It looks like at he end of April our turnover will be 30% less than April 2019. We are still trading and paying all employees normal wages in excess of the $1500 per fortnight. We have a fortnightly pay schedule which doesn't align exactly with the ATO fortnightly schedules for Job Keeper.
    1. I'm assuming that, if we trigger eligibility at the end of April, we keep our own pay schedule and go by the pay date which simply falls within the ATO designated fortnights?
    2. Will our three April pays (which have been already STP reported) need amending with the JOBKEEPER-START_FNXXX payroll item once we have enrolled for Job Keeper on ATO portal?  
    3. As we are currently paying in excess of the $1500 for all employees, do we still need to see up the Job Keeper Payroll items or will we need to wait until we are in a top up situation
    Sorry for bombarding you but i've been following the thread and not sure if these have been covered,
    Regards,
    Robyn
  • LEANNE_10540167
    LEANNE_10540167 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2020
    Hi Guys,  Thanks so much for this.  Love the step by step process.  We pay weekly Monday to Friday so our first payment for the Jobkeeper will be this Friday 24th.  Didn't pay the Jobkeeper before this week so how will my start number look if we pay weekly.  Do we just allocate 20/4-26/4 as FN02 and then next week will be FN03 and the week after that FN03. Any help is appreciated.  Sorry using Reckon Accounts Plus 2019

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Requires separate thread. Unrelated to Reckon Accounts. Please reference the new conversation here: JobKeeper with STP app

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Amanda_10577994
    Amanda_10577994 Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav,
    As I have done the wages yesterday, can I just amend the pays to include the JOBKEEPER-START-FNXXX payroll item? I haven't lodged the STP with the ATO as yet. All employees are paid over the $1500 amount so I don't have to worry about the Top Up item.
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Hi Bridget,
    My understanding is that you can go back your Reckon software and delete the payrun, follow the JobKeeper documentation to setup the pay items and process and then send through an STP Update Event.
    Info on Update Events here.

• Michele Hicks
    Michele Hicks Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav

If we have already processed the payroll for FN01 and lodged our STP, should we change the payroll with the new pay items and lodge STP again as an update event and if so would that be as a full file replacement or update a previously completed submission? Thanks

• Bridget Goodman_10583141
    Bridget Goodman_10583141 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    ok thanks
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Hi Robyn,
    My first recommendation would be to check out the info in this JobKeeper FAQ document from Treasury as I believe it covers the majority of your scenarios but let me know if it doesn't quite cover what you need and I'll see if I can get more info for you.

JobKeeper Payment — Frequently Asked Questions

• Accounts_9850516
    Accounts_9850516 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020
    HI Rav  
    If we are going to do a "catch up" payment of $3000 gross for employees who have been stood down by the end of April as per the ATO guidelines I assume we use FN01 in the JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX as my understanding is the ATO will pay both fortnights in May and then revert to paying fortnightly.  Is this correct?

• Robyn_7112869
    Robyn_7112869 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    OK Shall do. Thanks.
  • Mary_10571362
    Mary_10571362 Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2020
    Hi Leanne, Im sorry where do you the step by step process on jobkeeper? thanks for your help
  • Allan West
    Allan West Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav.  I have two questions.  
    1.  My understanding is that employees whose hours have been reduced due to COVID-19 are still to accrue leave entitlements at the rate they were accruing prior to reduction.  Is there a way in the system that this can be accommodated or will leave accrual need to be adjusted manually?
    2. Just looking at Step 5 on Page 3 of your Processing Instructions.  It's my understanding that the first $750 needs to paid as JobKeeper and anything an employee earns above that is paid as a top up by the employer.  In your case, the employee's normal wage is $500 and that is what is being paid as 'Hourly Pay' and the Job Keeper is only kicking in as a top-up for the remaining $250.  Wouldn't this result in the ATO only paying $250 in that case rather than $750?            
    Allan
  • LEANNE_10540167
    LEANNE_10540167 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2020
    It is in Rav's original post up the top of the page.  Click on the blue links. I printed them out so it's easier for me.

• Leanne_10576078
    Leanne_10576078 Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2020
    Do we need to update Reckons Accounts Plus to the 2020 version, before we set up the JobKeeper .   Of when do people normally update to the next version.  I have noticed that it is out now.  Thanks Leanne
  • Kirsten_10564492
    Kirsten_10564492 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, do we need to put $0.01 in the field for JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX as I've read elsewhere that STP does not report $0 earnings to the ATO?
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    If you've processed the pay run in your Reckon software, you'll need to delete it and configure the JobKeeper pay items & recreate it. Once that is done you can send through your STP submission.

• Rav
    edited April 2020
    Hi Michelle,
    After making the changes, send the STP pay event through as an Update Event.

• Rav
    edited April 2020
    Hi Accounts,
    I've asked internally about your question and yes you can do it in the way you've outlined.

• Rav
    edited April 2020
    Let me ask the team about your question Leanne. Will come back to you shortly.

• Kirsten_10564492
    Kirsten_10564492 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    Allan, my understanding is that if they're earning over $750 you pay just as normal, you don't use the Jobkeeper top up allowance.  Then you as the employer will receive the $750 as a subsidy.  You just need to let the ATO when you want to start claiming the subsidy.  So all leave, super entitlements stay the same if your employee is earning above $750 a week.
  • Tanya_9188937
    Tanya_9188937 Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, I am also in the same situation as Robyn with all employees paid in excess of $1500 gross per fortnight.  In this case do we still need to setup all these new payroll items or just process wages under normal payroll categories (we are still paying super & leave accruals on these normal earnings)? 

If in fact we do need to setup these new JobKeeper payroll categories then do we split the earnings between gross wages & JobKeeper for employees paid in excess of the $1500 per fortnight? (e.g. if an employee is paid $3000 gross per fortnight would that be recorded as $1500 JobKeeper & $1500 gross normal earnings/wages?)

Note: our turnover has decreased by > 30%?  Thanks in advance. Tanya
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Hi Leanne,
    You will only need to use START-FNXX once to indicate the start of employee JobKeeper payment on pay run then lodge via STP.
    You will not need to include START-FNXX for the employee on the next pay run onward.

• jaa
    jaa Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav... have i missed the update for jobkeeper Reckon Accounts Premier...? Signed .....Trying very hard to be little miss patience
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jaa,
    Click on the links in my opening post above to get full info on how to handle JobKeeper payments with your Reckon Accounts software.

• jaa
    jaa Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    Ta... i think your post earlier for not being quite ready for premier payroll confused me! (Not that it takes too much right now)
  • Leanne_7663246
    Leanne_7663246 Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav,
    Sorry if I have missed the answer to this.  Our pay cycles run as 25.3.20 - 7.4.20 and the current one is 8.4.20 - 21.4.20 with payment tomorrow

If I was to go back and change the 25.3 - 7.4 pay cycle and include job keeper I assume this is FN01. The current cycle 8.4 - 21.4 becomes fn02.  What happens given that our pay cycles cross over the ATO Fortnights.  How do i calculate the $1500 and show it in each of our pay cycles.

thanks

• Dianne Poon
    Dianne Poon Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, I am in a similar position as two employees did a couple of hours in the first and second week of the first fortnight.  I have lodged STPs for both weeks.  As there are other employees also to receive the jobkeeper for that first fortnight, I am guessing I update all pays and create new pays for those weeks as an unscheduled pay week (?) or do I use the same scheduled pay week(?) with the topup amount and relodge the STPs for those weeks as an update event for each.  I then pay them the difference.  Can you please confirm this would be the correct process.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav
    On the other software information it states that STP does not report $0  earnings to the ATO so if we don't use $.01 to enter an amount for the start up will it report to the ATO ??

• Emma_10100757
    Emma_10100757 Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, we have done 2 payrolls in Apr: 6th & 20th. There are some staff eligible for refund on 1st payroll and the rest starting from 2nd payroll date. How do you suggest to amend the pays? Do we just go to the 2nd payroll and insert FN01 for those eligible staff from 1st pay and insert FN02 for the staff become eligible from 2nd pay? Rather than amending each single pay under both payrolls?
  • ERIN_8770088
    ERIN_8770088 Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2020
    at the top of this post Mary, there are a couple of hyperlinks to click on
  • Mooshie Ervin
    Mooshie Ervin Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2020
    Can I just take a moment to thank you guys for the great information. Easy to follow/read and I'm all set up now. Appreciate that very much.
  • Mooshie Ervin
    edited April 2020
    Emma I just went into individual pay cheques on the relevant week and added the JK code and then re-submitted the STP. This could be more difficult with a larger payrun, but I think it's the safest way to maintain the integrity of your payruns.
  • Mooshie Ervin
    edited April 2020
    I have lodged STP in Gov Connect with $0 earnings for JK Start,  and it shows up fine. 
  • Mooshie Ervin
    edited April 2020
    From the information I read on Reckon it says you only just "Start" or "Finish" when appropriate. Once started, you're off. But each employee may have different "Start" dates hence the different start codes eg: Staff might be on parents leave or workers comp. And the finish code is obviously for people who may resign or leave employment.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Emma claim from the first fortnight if both you and your employees are eligible and that way you will get the $1500 for each employee which is either used as a top up to bring the employees wage up to the $1500 per fortnight or if the employee has earned over the $1500 per fortnight it is a payment from the ATO to your business to help subsidize keeping those employees. 
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Hi Leanne & Michelle,
    I'm adding a link below with the JobKeeper reporting periods which hopefully clears this up a bit further.

Jobkeeper reporting periods

• Cuono Riccio
    Cuono Riccio Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2020
    I apologise in advance for the bomardment of questions:-
    1. I pay weekly so does that that mean FN01 should be used for both pay periods within the fortnightly time frames? i.e. I paid on the 5th April and the 12th April, so both pays for eligible employees will be FN01?

2. My understanding is you only use the FinishAllowance  when your employee will not be receiving anymore Job keeper payments? due to resignation,otherwise you FinishAllowance on FN13(LAst Payment)

3. I have an employee coming online next week so her pay will commence from FN02 correct?

4. If my employee wage is $100, how will I make this entry in Reckon?
      Hourly wage $100
      Jobkeeper-Topup $1400 

5. If employer earns over $750, pay them as normal but how do you report this to ATO so that you still receive the subsidy?
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    To those employees, yes weekly rates should be divided into $750 minimum per week as required by the ATO.
    They will fall under FN01 to START, the new employees who also fall under JobKeeper will fall under FN02 from the 13th to the 26th of April.

In regard to FINISH, that is when they either are no longer eligible for JobKeeper, are fully terminated from the business with no rehire, resign etc.

• Cuono Riccio
    Cuono Riccio Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2020
    So my first pay for an employee eligible from 5th April will look like this in Reckon, her pay from actually working is $800, what entries do I need 

JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 $0
    Normal Pay $800

How to account for the jobkeeper in this eample.

If she earnt less than $750 it would look like this:

JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 $0
    Normal Wage $100
    JOBKEEPER-TOPUP $650

Is there anywhere where we can see some examples? it would save so much time in asking repeated questions?