Comments

• Mooshie Ervin
    Mooshie Ervin Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2020
    Jobkeeeper sits here. FYI.image
  • Jenny T
    Jenny T Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    Hi Kirsten, That was what I was told also. If all your employees are above the $1500 you run your payroll as normal and just account for the subsidy as other income when it comes in but reading your comment below do I still need to do the START-FNXX $0 to trigger it with the ATO. I'm confused as I was told we only had to put the application in and do our pays as normal.

• Mooshie Ervin
    edited April 2020
    Jenny you still need your first payrun to trigger. Just go back to the paycheque, add in the Jobkeeper-start and resubmit your STP for the first one that falls into the fortnight, then you're done. I agree, none of this information was given to us, however, if you do read some of the ATO fine print, it says it was working with Software companies to give you the FULL amount of details on how to handle this. This information has now come out by all the major software companies so it's correct. It's very easy to set up if you read through the info it explains it very well.
  • Mooshie Ervin
    edited April 2020
    I did not put 1cent, my JK start was added into Gov Connect and submitted as a $0 without any issues.
  • Jenny T
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Michelle I did think it sounded too easy when everyone else was tearing their hair out. I'll go back and update the last pay-run as you said.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Eloise_10585166
    Eloise_10585166 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020
    What purpose do the codes serve? In the other softwares there is a single Jobkeeper allowance. Do the ATO receive the specific JobKeeper XX codes? I thought all they saw for STP purposes was just 'allowance - other' of a certain value 
  • Mooshie Ervin
    edited April 2020
    Not all employees are eligible for jobkeeper in FN1 so essentially you’re notifying that 1) this employee is now eligible in this particular FN onwards and you’re claiming the JK, 2) this employee is no longer eligible after this particular FN and I’m no longer claiming. You’re turning on and off the claim process.
  • Lan
    Lan Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2020
    In relation to this scenario, if we're processing a new payrun, would we then just include JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 in this new payrun and JOBKEEPER-TOPUP to top up to $3000? I.e. no need to edit previous payruns, delete and rerun, etc etc?
  • Cuono Riccio
    Cuono Riccio Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for this, so if their gross wage is more than $750 all you have to reference is:
    JOBKEEPER-START-FN01.

They say you only have to input  JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 once, so if the same employee gross wage is still above $750 in the second week, what do you do? leave blank?
  • Mooshie Ervin
    edited April 2020
    Yes that is correct. If they are eligible from the first fortnight.

Yes I’ll be leaving it blank once I have signed them up in this the first fortnight until their situation changes eg: resignation
  • Wini1010
    Wini1010 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav,
    I have a similar question to Lan. Can we do an unscheduled payrun before 30 April including a JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 for all eligible employees from fortnight 1
    and a JOBKEEPER-TOPUP for those eligible employees needing a top up to $3000 for the month?
    Then lodge an STP for this unscheduled payrun. 
    Therefore no need to delete, edit or re-run previous payrolls or lodge STP updates.

• Donna Harvie
    Donna Harvie Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2020
    Just a comment on what you have just said - I went back into each individual that I paid and added the START-FN01 item (after unlocking net pay), added the TOP-UP item in then uploaded an update in STP. Would this correct the previously submitted STP file uploaded?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2020
    Hi Donna,
    Please ensure that you create the STP submission as an Update Event in your Reckon software and then select the Update a previously sent submission option in GovConnect when you are uploading it (screenshot below).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Colleen Topping
    Colleen Topping Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Donna,  I am in the same situation as you, pay weekly and first pay run was 1/4/20. I understand that I have to go back and edit the last 3 weeks of pays and I have 2 employees that fall under the $750 a week criteria. The top up I add to there pays, do I just then pay that additional amount after tax to them today. How are you handling that part of the process?
  • Colleen Topping
    Colleen Topping Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Also what happens when it is a 5 week month as is April and July?
  • Tanya_10585247
    Tanya_10585247 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2020
    HI Kirsten
    I went pay to our pay period related to the first fortnight and amended the pay by entering the JobKeeper-Start-FN01 with .01c in allowances then I entered it again on the next line with -.01c (negative) saved it and reprinted pay slips.  Then I saved  STP report again and uploaded as updated STP and when I had a look in the details it showed up as JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 with no 1 cent   Hope this helps.  I tried to add 1c first then subtract from PAYG as per my ACCT instructions like MYOB but it is messy and unnecessary.
  • Tanya_10585247
    edited April 2020
    Hi Tiffany as above,
    I went pay to our pay period related to the first fortnight and amended the pay by entering the JobKeeper-Start-FN01 with .01c in allowances then I entered it again on the next line with -.01c (negative) saved it and reprinted pay slips.  Then I saved  STP report again and uploaded as updated STP and when I had a look in the details it showed up as JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 with no 1 cent   Hope this helps.  I tried to add 1c first then subtract from PAYG as per my ACCT instructions like MYOB but it is messy and unnecessary.
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited April 2020
    Hi Eloise.. yes the ATO see those codes as they are the codes the ATO have asked software vendors to use. Some vendors may well have decided to try and automate the fortnight numbering, however our testing found this to be an unreliable method and therefore the safest practice is to have the business create these so the number is correct and verified by the business, rather than leaving that up to the vendor. I hope that clarifies this for you. 
  • Jenny T
    edited April 2020
    Hi Tanya, I just put 0.00 for the allowance and did an update event and when I check the employee details in the portal it is showing the JobKeeper Allowance but now you have me worried. If it's showing under the employee in the portal it must be okay though?

• Allan West
    Allan West Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jason.  Are these the codes that ATO will actually use to make JK payments?  If so, shouldn't those codes be applied to the first $1500pfn for all eligible employees? - which is contrary to the example of Page 3 of the 'How to process Jobkeeper payments in Reckon Accounts' document issued yesterday. 
  • Tanya_9188937
    Tanya_9188937 Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2020
    Hello, can someone please clarify for me if all my employees earn $1500 or greater per fortnight do I need to setup these JobKeeper payroll items in Reckon or just pay as normal?  I have posted this question elsewhere twice with no response.  Hoping someone can help as I have payroll to run first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks in advance. Tanya
  • Amanda_10577994
    Amanda_10577994 Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2020
    Hi Tanya,
    The only item you need to set up is the JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX. You will pay your employees as normal, but put the extra item in the "Other Payroll Items".
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited April 2020
    Hi Allan, if we are looking at the same place in the doc it states: 

JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX allowance item is only used once per employee to notify the ATO that this is the first JobKeeper reporting start period for the employee.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Hi Tanya,
    As Amanda has mentioned you will still need to add the JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX item as this flags the business is claiming the subsidy to the ATO for this employee.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tanya_9188937
    Tanya_9188937 Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2020
    Hi Amanda,  hoping you can clarify for me please.  I have 3 employees all paid over $1500 per fortnight so do I just setup the JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX payroll item & that's all?  My payroll is done weekly so is the FN01 allocated twice, once each week in the fortnight or just the first week of the fortnight? Thanks in advance. Tanya
  • Amanda_10577994
    Amanda_10577994 Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2020
    Hi Tanya,
    Yes, as your employees all earn over $1500 per fortnight, the JK-Start-FNXX is the only payroll item you will need to set up. From what I understand you only need to include this item once in your payroll.
  • Lan
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jason,
    Are you able to confirm if processing a new payrun e.g. this week, but adding in the jobkeeper start fn01 along with top ups if needed, then uploading this new payrun through STP would yield the same results as deleting/editing previous pays and uploading updates to STP? I feel this way would save time.
  • Stephanie Siow
    Stephanie Siow Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, I rang support for Reckon One, the support team advised me to do FULL REPLACEMENT not update.  Is that Ok?
  • Stephanie Siow
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, I just found out one of the employee is not eligible for Job Keeper Payment after I submitted to ATO via STP. Can I redo another payrun to amend the file and resubmit again?
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Full File Replacement will only replace the last successfully submitted STP submission. Its ok as long that fits your current situation. Moving forward though, I'd recommend Update Events where and if required.

• Tanya_10585247
    edited April 2020
    HI Jenny
    I looked at the pay slips and with just a 0.00 it did not show up so I did 0.01 then entered it again on the next line subtracting it with -0.01. This showed up in the STP report details as just one line with JOBKEEPER-START-FN-01
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Hi Lan
    The JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX ?item needs to be added to the first payrun that JobKeeper payments have started from. If that's on a payrun that has already been sent previously then you will need to go back and edit it to accurately reflect the start point for the ATO.

• Allan West
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jason, what I was referring to was the example where an employee normally receives $500 but is entitled to $750 under JK.  In this case only $250 is recorded under JK but that doesn't seem right to me.  Wouldn't that mean that the ATO will only reimburse us $250 instead of the full $750? 
  • Kirsten_10564492
    Kirsten_10564492 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    I'd like to know this too, much easier than amending past pay runs

• Cuono Riccio
    edited April 2020
    Allan regardless of employee wages, you will receive $750 from the ATO i.e. in your example the ATO is subsidizing  you to keep your employees employed. If they earn over $750 you pay the difference, either or the ATO will provide you with $750 no matter what. Remember though if your employee's wage is $500 you must pass on the $750, you cant keep the difference.
  • Lan
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, thanks for the reply. If this week we are topping up relevant pays to $3000 before end of April as per guidelines, would this then be the first payrun jobkeeper payments have started and we would be reimbursed full april amounts in may? Therefore not needing to edit previous runs?
  • Allan West
    edited April 2020
    Hi Cuono.  Excuse my ignorance but if ATO are going to pay me $750 anyway, what is the point of coding some of it JK when that amount is not actually what I receive in JK?  
  • Stephanie Siow
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, there were no changes on the amount submitted to ATO via STP.  I just need to remove the clause "JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX" for the non-eligible staff. Would update is more appropriate or full replacement?  Is that ok to have so many update/replacement showing on the STP?
    I do not want to confuse the ATO....

• Cuono Riccio
    edited April 2020
    I'm still trying to get my head around it....the coding triggers the ATO that you are claiming JK for that employee. When you say your not receiving it...what do you mean? The $750 in reality goes straight to your employees. I actually have staff that earn around $150 per week and will now receive $750...work that out. 
  • Lan
    edited April 2020
    Hi Cuono, from what I can interpret, you pay employee full amount that they are working e.g. if $800 is 20 hrs of work, you would pay $800 as normal, not $750 jobkeeper topup and $50 normal. (jobkeeper does not attract super guarantee, so this would disadvantage the employee, you need to make them aware of this)

if their hours have reduce to 10 hrs due to no work, you would pay them $400 and top up jobkeeper with $350. 

if there is no work, you would top up with just jobkeeper to $750

jobkeeper is here to help subsidise cost of employees. this is what i've taken from everything so far. happy to be corrected.